Summary The General Manager will be responsible for leading the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) in the development, sales, marketing, operations and maintenance of merchandise and corporate relationships for our retail operations with Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Responsible for overseeing all retail operations. This includes, but not limited to, the following: store(s), distribution center, special events, and game day.
- Prepares a budget, income statements, balance sheets and capital expenditures requests.
- Strong Marketing and Communication skills to work closely with the partner on Strategies to increase sales.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College.
Six to eight years of industry related experience.
Personnel management experience required.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Will have a thorough knowledge of different retail procedures.
- This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Must be extremely organized.
Expert knowledge of all MainGate policies and procedures.
Supervises all team members by assigning and directing work. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Some physical exertion required.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
This position is located in a busy office area and is faced with constant interruptions.
Frequently works in a distribution center environment and at the team’s stadium. DC environment is not climate controlled. Exposed to dust, odors, and noise. Stadium locations could be outdoors with exposure to the climate and dust.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.