Distribution Center Manager with MainGate Inc. in Indianapolis · IN
MainGate Inc. jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Retail/Licensing: Warehouse Operations
DC Manager is responsible for all tasks involved with smooth daily operations of DC maintenance functions, includes processing of merchandise from the receiving department to primary locations, replenishments, cycle counts, as well as assisting in the hiring and training of DC personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Supervise the activities of Distribution staff engaged in DC system maintenance.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information as need to Shipping Manager.
- TWL/WMS software is to be used effectively to ensure proper stock movements and inventory adjustments.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities
- Ensures timely and accurate input of all stock movement information through the Inventory Management System.
- General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas.
- Work closely with Receiving and Shipping Manager for proper handling of inbound and outbound stock movements.
- Controls the flow of transfer product to the event staff and works with Production Manager and Shipping Manager to ensure orders are processed and completed within assigned deadlines.
- Solid communication skills to lead cross functional teams in achieving desired results
- Assist DC supervisors and manager to offer team assistance as demand shifts from one department to another.
- Identifies key operational goals and opportunities to improve coaching of team members and increases in efficiencies.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Three to five years industry experience required.
- Degree from an accredited institution in business, management or related field.
- Personnel management experience needed
- WMS/TWL experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Will have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfortable with Internet and inventory control applications.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Must inspire team members to success
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company’s mission and vision
- Practice TCE (Total Customer Experience)
- Proficient and highest level of knowledge on MG’s systems, policies & procedures.
- General Safety
- Forklift/Hi Lift/Pallet Jack Training
- TCE Training
- Supervises employees for DC put aways and inventory control cycle counts. Supervises Shipping Department as needed.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Some physical exertion required.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move 0 to 75 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Personal protective equipment not required.
Works in a distribution center environment. Distribution Center environment is not climate controlled. Will be exposed to dust, odors, and noise.
How did you hear about this job?
What is your desired salary range?