Event Logistics Associate (for high profile events around the country) with MainGate in Indianapolis · IN
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Do you want a career in sports?
Are you looking for a full-time career with great benefits and perks?
Are you looking for a career opportunity that involves traveling the country working high profile events like the Super Bowl, WrestleMania, PBR, and the NHRA Racing Series?
If so, this is the opportunity for you! We are looking to add two Event Logistics Associates to our team due to recent growth and promotion. Please review the job description below and then complete the application if interested. Once we receive your application, we will contact you to set up an initial phone call to discuss!
Drives diesel powered tractor-trailer combination/pick-up truck, gooseneck trailer combination/pick-up truck and tag trailer combination in an effort to transport merchandise to events. Assists with all activities for onsite merchandise sales, including necessary set-up and tear-down of equipment to service the event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives semi-tractor/trailer to events.
- Inspects vehicles for defects before and after trips and submits a report indicating their condition.
- Performing proper care and use/organization of all equipment (maintained (tires, general maintenance, etc.) and cleaned (wash/wax)) prior to, during and after the event.
- Maintains driver log according to I.C. regulations.
- Park trailers/equipment.
- Assists in loading and unloading merchandise at any locations.
- Attend events as needed. Will be present throughout the duration of the event (including returning for the completion of the event in cases where inclement weather conditions prevent from completing the event on the scheduled dates).
- Adhere to MainGate's policies and procedures associated with the event personnel.
- Assists in merchandise sales during the event including movement of merchandise and assisting as additional support staff to assure maximization of sales at events.
- Record and verify merchandise movement with computer records.
- Assist in capturing of all sales records (POS & scanners) on all products sold by downloading handheld scanners, credit card machines.
- When deemed necessary, assist in the performance of physical inventory of all sales locations.
- Maintenance, set-up, and teardown of event equipment and store structures.
- Maintenance and cleaning of company vehicles.
- Skilled to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance. instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates or four-year college degree in business, management or related field, is preferred.
- Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License needed. (Training available at no cost to the employee!)
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to travel 30-35 weeks/weekends throughout the year, an average of 8-9 days per event. Be comfortable driving solo or with a team.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to speak effectively to event personnel and MainGate management.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, e-mail/Internet software, and Excel Spreadsheet software.
- Class A CDL.
- Foundation knowledge of MainGate’s systems, policies, and procedures.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and bend and move about the facility and/or other off-site locations.
- Works in a variety of different elements including office, warehouse, outdoor, etc.
- Exposed to dust, odors, noise.
- The environment is not always climate controlled.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions while working long hours in any given day, week or event.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you willing to obtain a Class A CDL?
What is your desired salary range?