Manager, Communications - SoFi Stadium
About SoFi Stadium Company
SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298-acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and spirited community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made.
We are stars serving stars. Our COMMITMENTS are as follows:
Start with Care
Thrive as a Team
Anticipate Unspoken Needs
Resolve with Respect
Hollywood Park is seeking a Communications Manager to be a key part of its Communications team focusing the growing portfolio of retail, residential and commercial aspects of the Hollywood Park development. The Communications department has responsibilities across sports, real estate, entertainment, executive communications, internal communications, brand partnerships and collaborates with other departments across social media, marketing, events, publicity, community relations, and more. The right candidate for this position has a results-focused approach, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is an effective writer with a strong background in corporate communications. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Communications.
- Assist in developing and coordinating strategic communications initiatives as it relates to office, residential and retail offerings, as well as future development projects on-site at Hollywood Park
- Work with future and current tenants and serve as a lead on tenant communications
- Pitch and secure local and national earned media coverage across online, broadcast, and print
- Develop strategic communications plans and produce clear, concise written communications
- Liaise with senior Communications staff to ensure messaging is consistent across materials and projects
- Coordinate/execute photo, video, print and broadcast media shoots for internal/external purposes
- Work with PR agencies and key stakeholders across Hollywood Park real estate efforts
- Write press releases, talking points, fact sheets, speaker submissions, bios, and internal and external documents
- Contribute to Hollywood Park’s overall communications plans and activities
- Develop coverage reports, monthly PR/analytics reports. Track PR metrics via company-used platforms
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within corporate communications and/or public relations with a commercial real estate background or direct experience in commercial real estate
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Excellent oral, written, and visual communications skills, including superior editing and proofreading abilities in AP Style
- Relationships with journalists across real estate, lifestyle and business publications, both in the LA market and nationally
- Able to facilitate relationships and communicate with key stakeholders and leadership
- Strong collaborative communication skills, including ability to communicate up, down and across the organization
- Proven track record of securing media coverage and leading PR campaigns
- Ability to handle high volume of daily correspondence/requests with various internal departments
- Ability to prioritize and plan across simultaneous projects
- Positive, “make it happen” attitude, motivated by results, and ready to jump in from day 1
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Bonus points if you are fluent in Spanish