Director of Campus Security - Hollywood Park
SoFi Stadium is an unprecedented and unparalleled sports and entertainment destination built in Inglewood, CA. The first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed, SoFi Stadium is the home of the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams. The state-of-the-art stadium re-imagines the fan experience and will host a variety of events year round including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028. Located on the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack, the stadium is the centerpiece of a 298-acre mixed-use development featuring retail, commercial office space, a hotel, residential units, and outdoor park spaces.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Under general direction, the Director of Campus Security assists in planning, organizing, managing and providing administrative direction and oversight for the overall operation of a safe and secure campus environment within Hollywood Park. This position reports to the Vice President of Security and requires a non-traditional work schedule, to include long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess, develop and oversee the execution of security strategies and plans as required for Hollywood Park to secure building perimeters, access points, staff work areas, Command Center, and Loading Dock areas.
- Execute NFL Security Procedures & Guidelines, per the NFL Best Practices for Stadium Security, during non-event days.
- Manage and participate in the development and administration of the Security Department annual budget; forecast staffing, training, equipment, materials, and supply budget requirements; monitor expenditures; implement adjustments as needed.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the 24/7 Building Security program to ensure optimal performance is being adhered by Security Manager, Security Team Leaders, Dispatchers, and Operators assigned to the Hollywood Park campus.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the 24/7 Building Security program and is responsible for access control and physical security of SoFi Stadium, YouTube Theater, and other property on Hollywood Park’s campus.
- Oversees Hollywood Park credentials and proxy access; ensures the quality and accuracy of all incident reports and logs generated at the site; and creates, implements, and enhances post orders for the security team on site.
- Develops a system for asset inventory, which includes security screening equipment, radios, medical equipment, and other items owned and/or operated by the Hollywood Park Security Department.
- Ensures the Hollywood Park Master Training Program is implemented and improved to adjust for the growing needs of the organization, to include the dissemination and implementation of the latest technology as well as employee training and development. Training includes First Aid and Emergency Preparedness for the department and Hollywood Park staff.
- Has oversight and involvement in the interview process and hiring of Security personnel, including the direct involvement of training of Security personnel. Ensures performance review process for 24/7 Building Security Team and that regular performance feedback is being disseminated to Security Team Leaders, Dispatchers, and Operators. Has direct responsibility and management of 24/7 Building Security Manager.
- Oversees/manages the scheduling process of all 24/7 Security personnel, which can also include contractors.
- Assist in the management for services and activities involved in building security, emergency preparedness, and risk management, using independent judgment.
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal emergency services personnel such as Police, Fire, EMT’s, FBI, and Homeland Security, as it relates to standard practices and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations; update and manage facility Emergency Operating Plans with regular updates.
- Conduct routine industry operational reviews; recommend modifications to the Hollywood Park Campus security and safety programs, policies, and procedures as deemed appropriate.
- On-call, 24/7, as needed and based on Hollywood Park events and other occurrences.
- Other duties and responsibilities as relevant and necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with coursework and field of study relevant to the position.
- Minimum of ten (10) years extensive experience and knowledge of managing and directing work of a security operation, preferably within a similar environment as stadium/arena.
- A minimum of five (5) years management experience with direct responsibility supervising and managing teams.
- Experience in crisis management, investigation skills, security technology, life safety, risk management as required.
- General understanding of other areas of live entertainment venue management, including retail operations, building operations, production, building engineering, guest services, parking, and food & beverage operations is desired.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with internal and external clients and peers at all levels within an organization and throughout the community.
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment while meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment while maintaining composure.
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead, give clear, concise direction and provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate confidence and decision-making abilities.
- Flexible schedule; able to work a non-traditional work schedule to include long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Position requires prolonged standing and prolonged walking; able to work in the elements of the weather at times.