Assistant Manager of Security II - Hollywood Park
SoFi Stadium is an unprecedented and unparalleled sports and entertainment destination built in Inglewood, CA. The first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed, SoFi Stadium is the home of the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams. The state-of-the-art stadium re-imagines the fan experience and will host a variety of events year round including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028. Located on the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack, the stadium is the centerpiece of a 298-acre mixed-use development featuring retail, commercial office space, a hotel, residential units, and outdoor park spaces.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
The Assistant Manager of Security II will assist in the planning and execution of safety and security operations and protocols for events at SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park. This position reports to the Manager of Event Security and helps to ensure the highest level of safety and security standards are being carried out.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign and deploy appropriate staffing for an assigned event at the venue.
- Coordinate with contract security to ensure continuity of the security function and compliance with SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park security policy and procedures.
- Assist in the training of team members as necessary and as pertaining to security operations and procedures to ensure a safe, secure, and comfortable experience for all.
- Address and resolve escalated security issues as relevant and appropriate.
- Conduct periodic audits of security operations ensuring the continual pursuit of efficiency, productivity, and quality deliverables.
- Establish and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with internal business partners, as well as representatives from various law enforcement agencies at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Prepare operational and situational reports to assist in security deployment planning and risk mitigation.
- Write new and update existing standard operating procedures and post orders for internal and external staff.
- Utilize facility security systems and programs in the execution and adherence of safety policies and protocols.
- Able to make immediate decisions and communicate logically in emergency situations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as relevant and necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of security experience demonstrating progression into advanced role(s) and responsibilities; supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office or Google office applications, including use of security type software applications.
- Able to maintain one's composure while handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to lead, give clear and concise direction, and provide constructive feedback; can demonstrate confidence and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive information.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of a 24/7, 365-day operation.
- Position requires prolonged standing and walking; able to work in the elements of the weather at times.