Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (FT) - Dickies Arena (Fort Worth · TX)
Dickies Arena Jobs
Jobs in Fort Worth · TX
Administration/General Management: Mailroom/Shipping & Receiving
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Security: 24/7 Shipping and Receiving Officer (Full-time)
Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC).
Dickies Arena hosted 172 events in our last fiscal year and has been nominated for Arena of the year by both the Academy of Country Music and Pollstar Magazine in 2022 and 2023. The arena now ranks 2nd in gross ticket sales and attendance in Billboard Magazine’s Worldwide Boxscore Midyear chart among venues of similar size. Our team is growing, and we are looking for energetic and motivated individuals to join us on the journey!
Reports to: 24/7 Security Lead
Job Description :
The Shipping and Receiving Officer is responsible for coordinating loading dock and delivery activities at Dickies Arena. The position will require accepting, logging, moving and delivering packages sent to Dickies Arena and all departments working at Dickies Arena all while maintaining a clean, organized and safe loading docks and shipment receiving areas.
- High School Diploma or GED. Prior work-related experience in a convention center, arena or other similar public assembly facility preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in shipping and receiving, warehouse management or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be eligible to obtain a Level II Security License with the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Must show good judgment and common sense.
- Follow directions and directives from supervisors.
- Follow the organization’s policies and guidelines.
- Professional appearance, positive attitude
- Ability to function well during a critical or emergency incident.
- Able to work flexible schedule including overnight shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Fluently bilingual English / Spanish strongly preferred.
- Excess walking of up to four (4) hours per day
- Ability to perform CPR and other first aid procedures preferred.
- Ability to drive forklift and use other required warehouse equipment.
- Possess a current Texas Driver’s License
Essential Duties (Include, but are not limited to the following):
- Unload delivery trucks using a forklift, pallet jack, or other warehouse equipment.
- Receive delivered products and label appropriately for easy retrieval.
- Distribute packages and mail to company recipients when directed.
- Put away materials and components for storage and/or use.
- Prepare orders for shipment per pick-ticket, using a scanner and forklift, ensuring accuracy of the shipment and associated shipping documents.
- Operate and inspect material handling equipment in a safe manner.
- Will review inbound shipments and verify items and quantities before taking delivery, signing Bill of Ladings and receiving documentation. Will make notation of discrepancies.
- Will review and verify items from production and place them into the proper stock location.
- Load and unload trucks as instructed.
- Verify inventory counts and physical inventory as required.
- Maintain working area in a safe, clean and organized fashion at all times.
- Report any inefficient or unsafe conditions to management upon discovery of the conditions.
- Complete all paperwork accurately as instructed by your supervisor or management.
- Perform all work using safety equipment as instructed while obeying all safety rules and procedures.
- Fill out and turn into supervisor all paperwork and documents pertaining to shipping and receiving programs as required.
No direct reports.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions; however, the duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.