Operations Changeover Supervisor - Trail Drive Management Corp. (Fort Worth · TX)
Trail Drive Management Corp. jobs
Sports Jobs in Fort Worth · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
OPERATIONS CHANGEOVER SUPERVISOR – PART TIME
Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Non-Exempt Part Time
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
The Operations Changeover Supervisor role is responsible for oversight and supervising the part time changeover crew while performing routine conversions including but not limited to concert staging, basketball flooring, hockey dashers/ice builds, Arena seating configurations/systems, and other various event needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (include, but not limited to the following):
- Supervise, train, and direct work for part time changeover crew
- Responsible for the physical setup of all areas around the Arena including flooring, chairs, tables, walls, staging, furnishings, and equipment including ice, basketball, other sporting events, and concert staging set-ups
- Set-up and break-down of retractable and telescopic Irwin Seating System
- Actively care for all arena equipment and property by storing equipment properly, cleaning and repairing broken or damaged items, and alerting management of any mistreatment of property
- Maintain organized storage areas assigned
- Respond and resolve set-up issues promptly as directed by fellow staff and management
- Inspect completion of all assigned tasks to make sure specifications are met
- May be required to operate industrial vehicles such as carts, forklifts, and floor scrubbers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 6 months experience as an Operations Crew Member
- High School Diploma or GED preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in manual labor position of public assembly facilities
- Any experience and/or training in the public assembly facility management industry is a plus
- Must have a state of Texas motor vehicle license
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to typical methods and techniques for conversions and maintaining the facility equipment; and proper use and care of hand and power tools
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- General knowledge and use of equipment and supplies, and working safety measures
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Superior customer service experience
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties
- Ability to operate equipment such as carts, forklifts, and cleaning machines
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, sketches as well as ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, and other related materials
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions; however, the duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.