The Philadelphia Flyers are seeking a full time data analyst within the hockey operations department. This position will report directly to the Director of Hockey Analytics and collaborate with other members of the Hockey Analytics Department to develop methods that encourage effective application of information throughout the hockey operations department.
This position will be located at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ.
- Research, develop and test mathematical & predictive models to support Hockey Operations.
- Work independently and collaboratively to design and deploy decision support systems and tools.
- Conduct research to optimize the organization’s understanding of the game of hockey.
- Create data visualizations and presentations that communicate methodology and key findings.
- Create reproducible reports for internal use.
- Create workflows to combine internal and external data sources.
The requirements listed below are essential to performing this role at a high level:
- Strong understanding of tactics, concepts and advanced hockey terminology.
- Previous experience analyzing large data sets required.
- Demonstrated expertise with R, Python or comparable statistical software.
- Strong knowledge of data visualization tools/packages such as ggplot, matplotlib, Tableau, Plotly, Highcharts, D3, etc.
- Ability to execute complex data queries in SQL.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Willing to work some nights and weekends when required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.