Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Status: Internship / Temporary; Unpaid / College Credit Required
Reports To: Full-Time Flyers PR Staff
Number of Positions: 1
Hours: Based on number of hours required by university in order for student to earn class credit; game night and/or weekend participation is required during the fall program
• Open to female college students seeking a career in sports journalism
• Student should be majoring in journalism, broadcasting, communications or a related field (student media involvement can be considered if degree program is unrelated)
• Must receive academic credit (students are required to provide documentation of receiving academic credit for the internship experience)
• No financial compensation is available for any internship position
• Travel and housing arrangements are the responsibility of the students
• Game night and/or weekend participation required
Internship Objectives include, but are not limited to the following:
• Learn how sports PR departments assist media and participate in day-to-day activities such as research, game notes preparation, and team media availabilities
• Learn how the world of new media is affecting the sports journalism world, such as website, social media, video, podcasting, etc. and participate in some of the Flyers’ use of these tools
• Learn about how reporters cover the Flyers for newspapers, radio stations, television stations, and websites
• Learn about how Flyers team broadcasters cover the team and prepare for broadcasts
• Utilize networking opportunities afforded during Flyers home games and practices
• Perform all other objectives, projects and responsibilities as assigned
How did you hear about this job?
YES / NO: Are you a female college student majoring in journalism, broadcasting, communications or a related field?
YES / NO: Are you seeking an internship during the fall 2012 semester to earn college credit?
YES / NO: Do you currently live in the Philadelphia, PA area?