The Banquet Manager oversees all aspects of a banquet or event, including but not limited to set-up, BEO presentation, serving, and event cleanup while focusing on detail and quality presentation and customer service. Banquet managers are also responsible for all aspects of supervision of banquet staff including: hiring, scheduling, training, coaching, disciplining and reviewing.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Approaches all encounters with guests and colleagues in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintains constant communication with guests and on-site contact to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded
- Remains alert of complaints and or/unsatisfied guests and responds appropriately to ensure guest satisfaction
- Coordinates with other stud and departments to arrange for the delivery of requested services.
- Maintains constant contact with kitchen staff to ensure complete effective communication between food production and food service
- Ensures all functions are set and staff is prepared and organized before required time on BEO
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for correct placement and ensures that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive
- Ensures proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables
- Arranges for and ensures proper sequence of service for each event
- Monitors banquet team members to ensure all operating procedures are followed
- Supervises clearing and post function cleanup and garbage removal
- Maintains clean and orderly back areas, pre-function areas and storage areas
- Assures that all china, glassware, silverware, linen, etc are returned to their proper location after each event.
- Supervises the handling, storage, and security of all catering service equipment.
- Ensures staff training programs are implemented and measured regularly
- Conducts regular staff meetings to build rapport and ensures colleagues are well informed
- Provides colleagues with a work schedule
- Clearly projects the visions of the department and measures progress
- Conducts quarterly reviews of colleagues performance and provides council as needed
- Meticulously plans events with captains to ensure execution is achieved at the highest level
- Conducts regular meetings with Catering Sales Manager to ensure the needs of the clients are being met
- Attends weekly food and beverage meeting with director of food and beverage, catering sales manager, chef, concession manager, assistant concessions manager and office manager to continuously evaluate strategies and ideas for enhancement to benefit the guest experience.
- Conducts interviews carefully outlining the course of the position for which a potential colleague is being interviewed for
- Ensures payroll is reviewed and finalized as set forth by the policy of Spectra Food Service and Hospitality.
- Reviews scheduling and labor needs to meet the guests needs as well as maximize efficiency
- Develop Food and Beverage related Event Orders (BEO’s)
- Attend catering client meetings
- Work with the Executive Chef to ensure appropriate inventories are stocked including food and beverage and non-food and beverage items used for Food and Beverage events.
- Work with the Event Manager to ensure quality and accuracy of set-ups within all catering rooms.
- Become familiar with the computer systems and technology currently in use in the various food and beverage areas, and administration as it relates to food and beverage, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Accurately prepares daily summary of events as required
- Attend meetings/trainings as required
- Accurately perform administrative tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Valid Managers ServSafe Certification
- Valid Alcohol Service Permit
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, ADP Scheduling
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Knowledge of food and beverage operation and preparation is required
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule, be highly motivated and quality driven
- Detail oriented yet able to excel while multi-tasking
- Able to accept responsibility and lead by example
- Cash handling and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Able to lift 30 LBS
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; one year to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to move objects (files, boxes, product, and trays).
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.