Responsible for serving as the liaison between the Philadelphia Flyers and the League for all NHL-related activities including Playoffs, All-Star Game planning, International Game, National Women’s Hockey League, Diversity Initiatives, Industry Growth Fund, dissemination of new guidelines, etc. This person will also manage major cross-departmental projects and initiatives that require strong project management, coordination, leadership and Executive-Level involvement.
- Act as a change agent, working with the Revenue, Legal, and Finance departments to establish new controls, processes, forms, and sign off procedures for the Business Operations Department.
- Review contract materials against approved deal terms for Corporate Partnerships, Ticketing/Premium Sales, Vendor Contracts, etc., and summarize materials that require the approval of the President and other key executives in a digestible format, highlighting key need-to-know elements of about to be executed agreements including any deviation from approved deal terms, non-standard contract terms, etc.
- Ensure that each department head is responsible for properly documenting, maintaining, and adhering to established internal controls.
- Cultivate relationships (at the most senior levels of the organization) to help drive the rigor, value, and benefits of continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Four year college degree in Business Administration or related field of study and a minimum of 10+ years of management experience with an emphasis in Administration, Finance and Project Management.
- Experience defining and implementing new processes, policies, procedures, to include governance and organizational controls
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to flawless execution
- Ability to respond swiftly and effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from a variety of constituencies.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with ownership, NHL league executives, senior management, co-workers, and other organizations.
- Must be an effective, self-motivated team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be creative, well-organized, possess a strong work ethic, desire to excel and willingness to learn.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability and willingness to work nights/weekends/holidays as needed.
- Creativity and leadership.
- Passion for sports and entertainment business.
- Confidence in making sound business decisions and outlining “next steps”.
- Successful with managing and performing in multi-tasking environment.
- Experience delivering against tight deadlines
- Creative problem solving.
- Team and/or sports experience
- Knowledge of NHL policies and procedures
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.