Senior Accountant with Comcast Spectacor Gaming in Glendale · CA
Comcast Spectacor Gaming jobs
Sports Jobs in Glendale · CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements and account reconciliation
- Month end close duties including but not limited to journal entry preparation and review, account reconciliations, corporate partnership management and revenue recognition
- Manage the entities annual budget and monthly forecasts including but limited to estimated cycle related to original programming, acquired programming and non-amortized programming; pacing for non-amortized programming with the content team and show estimates versus final costs
- Prepare the annual budget and long-range plan
- Review revenue contracts and ensure they are processed correctly; this includes contract maintenance, billing, revenue recognition, cash application and contract revisions
- Perform timely and accurate revenue recognition for both 3rd party and intercompany within Comcast Spectacor in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare revenue checklists and memos in accordance with ASC 606
- Participate in technical interpretation of revenue recognition on key agreements not limited to licensing, producer, and co-production agreements
- Document key processes; identify areas of opportunities and create plans to successfully execute improvements
- Communicate deadlines and ensure targets are met by operations teams
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 3 plus years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with major coursework in Accounting
- Proficient in Windows environment with strong Excel skills
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
- Capable of working with all levels of management
- Experience reviewing and documenting revenue contracts preferred (ideally related to productions)
- Big 4 and/or programming experience a plus
- NetSuite and Adaptive experience a plus
- US GAAP reporting understanding required
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with management and business partners.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you a current or former employee of Comcast Spectacor?
Please provide your desired salary.