Marketing Manager - Maine Mariners (Portland · ME)
Maine Mariners jobs
Sports Jobs in Portland · ME
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, public relations, sports management or other related field
- Minimum 2-4 years marketing experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language required
- Strong PC skills required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Superior problem-solving and multitasking skills required
- Ability to work nights, weekends and select holidays, in addition to traditional business hours, is required
- Direct marketing, advertising and promotional efforts for the team
- Focus on increasing ticket sales by promotions and cash buys on TV, Radio, Print, and website. Create campaigns based on theme nights, promotional items, and sales situations for single games.
- Recruit, select, train, motivate and evaluate Marketing staff and gameday promo crew
- Develop in-house promotional opportunities such as, but not limited to: Web page, in-event display boards, videos, graphics, etc.
- Work with Sales to identify opportunities and develop promotional packages.
- Proof ads and negotiate ad placement.
- Oversee media deals and trades.
- Participate in the development and administration of the annual budget for both revenues and expenses.
- Work to increase per caps on merchandise and concession sales
- Ensure that all marketing messages that hit the market are consistent and in line with company goals and objectives
- Create relationships with local media personalities and promotion directors
- Create visibility of the team through community initiatives through events and volunteering both with staff and team members.
- Develop and implement new marketing ideas to help brand the team and create buzz in the market
- Build and implement promotional schedule and giveaways
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits.
- Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.
- Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame.
- This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please provide your desired salary.
Are you a current or former employee of Comcast Spectacor?