Graduate Business Strategy & Analytics Intern (Summer 2020) with Comcast Spectacor in Philadelphia · PA
Comcast Spectacor jobs
Sports Jobs in Philadelphia · PA
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Other
The Philadelphia Flyers Business Strategy & Analytics department is positioned at the intersection of business leadership and intelligence. The team combines technical abilities with an analytical framework to glean insights from a variety of data sources, apply strategic rigor to business issues, and advise senior executives on key initiatives. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to lead projects, make business recommendations, and learn within a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
This position will be located at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.
Along with input from the selected candidate, own a strategically focused project for the duration of the internship. Possible projects include:
- Analysis of customer lifecycle and lifetime value
- Analysis of in-stadium customer behavior and spending patterns
- Development of a subset of key executive reports on fanbase, fan activity
- Market analysis of corporate partnerships and potential opportunity to Comcast Spectacor
The internship will provide additional opportunities to get exposure to and provide input for strategic decisions and business intelligence, such as:
- Assist with the creation of KPIs and subsequent measurement over time
- Contribute to project focused on fan behavior to understand trends and capitalize on opportunities to improve fan experience
- Analyze Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data to understand fan behavior and provide strategic recommendations to improve retention KPIs
- Use demographic and internal data to create foundation for effectively triaging sales leads
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills (high Excel proficiency)
- Proficiency in analyzing large data sets
- Ability to create PowerPoints that clearly present findings to non-analytical audience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn new programs and skillsets as the position dictates
- Enrollment in a graduate program (MBA program or other, similar program)
- Experience using SQL/R/Python
- Experience using BI Tools to create dashboards (Tableau preferred)
Candidates may be required to complete case study demonstrating technical, analytical and communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?