50/50 Seller - Comcast Spectacor (Philadelphia · PA)
Comcast Spectacor Jobs
Jobs in Philadelphia · PA
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
We are looking for candidates to be part of our 50/50 raffle program who are self-motivated, energetic, and reliable. The 50/50 program runs at every Philadelphia Flyers and Philadelphia Wings home game and represents Flyers Charities’ biggest non-event fundraising. Sellers will be a key part of helping Flyers Charities execute its mission of growing the sport of hockey to be inclusive of new and diverse audiences, assisting families impacted by cancer, and improving sustainability and environmental responsibility. Sellers must be team players and able to work in a fast-paced environment, interacting with thousands of fans each game. Excellent communication skills, experience in sales, and money management are strongly preferred. This is a great part-time job for someone eager to break into the industry and gain experience in sales and working with a non-profit agency, or for motivated individuals looking for a second job in sports.
- Required availability for at least 70% of all Flyers and Wings home games (pre-season, regular season, and playoffs) at Wells Fargo Center, assisting with Flyers Charities 50/50 Raffle program.
- Staff will help either sell raffle tickets at a stationary kiosk or be responsible to roam a designated area of the concourse/arena. All sellers will receive a handheld device that is their responsibility for the night.
- Sellers are expected to have an outgoing personality to encourage attendees to purchase. Prior sales experience is a plus. Comfort working independently and interacting with large groups of fans is a necessity.
- Must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to arena doors opening (example: doors open at 5:30 p.m. for a 7 p.m. Flyers game, therefore, sellers are asked to arrive promptly by 5:00 p.m. to get ready and go over information pertaining to the game).
- All raffle sellers are expected to wear their uniform when working (jacket, sneakers, and black pants). An apron will be provided for every game. Comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
- Should have knowledge of Flyers Charities and the Flyers work within the community.
- Nights and weekends are required.
- Prior sales experience in sports/entertainment is strongly preferred.
- The sellers will take an active role in a fundraising program that takes place during all Flyers and Wings home games (pre-season, regular season, and playoffs), along with some special events.
- The program requires you to be flexible and work in high-pressure situations.
- Staffers will be educated in the following: non-profit sales, fundraising, networking, public relations, public speaking, and sales.
- Must demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with sales and customer service is a plus.
- Goal-oriented; works well independently and is self-motivated.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
When you apply for a position with Comcast Spectacor, LLC, we collect, use, and share your personal information as described in our Applicant Privacy Notice.
Do you have prior sales experience? If so, explain.
Have you been referred to this job? If so, by who?
Have you previously worked as a 50/50 seller, either for the Flyers or another team?