Business Analytics Intern (Summer 2020) with Comcast Spectacor in Philadelphia · PA
Comcast Spectacor jobs
Sports Jobs in Philadelphia · PA
Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
The Philadelphia Flyers Business Strategy & Analytics department is positioned at the intersection of business leadership and intelligence. The team combines technical abilities with an analytical framework to glean insights from a variety of data sources, apply strategic rigor to business issues, and advise senior executives on key initiatives. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to support the development of key business recommendations and the development of key forward-looking models while learning in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
This position will be located at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.
Along with input from the selected candidate, work with the Business Strategy & Analytics team on a specific project for the duration of the internship. Possible projects include:
- Analysis of customer web activity
- Analysis of in-stadium customer behavior and spending patterns
- Development and / or refinement of key machine learning models to support ticketing and / or marketing departments
- Development of a subset of key data visualizations and reports
- Development and implementation of machine learning models focusing on predicting fan purchasing habits, revenue patterns
The internship will provide additional opportunities to get exposure to and provide input for strategic decisions and business intelligence, such as:
- Assist with the creation of KPIs and subsequent measurement over time
- Analyze Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data to understand fan behavior and provide strategic recommendations to improve retention KPIs
- Use demographic and internal data to create foundation for effectively triaging sales leads
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in analyzing large data sets (experience using SQL/R/Python)
- Ability to create PowerPoints that clearly present findings to non-analytical audience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn new programs and skillsets as the position dictates
- Rising Junior or Senior in undergraduate program
- Undergraduate major in math, statistics, engineering, computer science or business
- Experience using BI Tools to create dashboards (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Powerpoint)
Candidates may be required to complete case study demonstrating technical, analytical and communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?