Associate Creative Director, Graphic & Creative Services
Connected to and inspired by the technology and creative spirit of Comcast NBCUniversal, our teams at Comcast Spectacor build strong relationships, raise championship banners and generate incremental value through a winning tradition of entrepreneurship and collaboration.
The Associate Creative Director, Graphic & Creative Services will be responsible for shaping and elevating our brands, developing creative for primarily the Philadelphia Flyers and Wells Fargo Center brands as well as the other properties that fall under the Comcast Spectacor portfolio.
This role will lead and manage the graphic design team, our print production office, and work in close collaboration with the video production and digital content teams, and report directly to the VP, Content & Digital Marketing. This role will be involved in the day-to-day design, creative strategy, campaign development and execution for all departments.
Our creative team is made up of talented and hard-working professionals who strive to create industry leading experiences and content. We believe in a positive and highly collaborative environment that allows the group to think outside of the box.
This role will work collaboratively across multiple departments, managing relationships, understanding department needs, and managing deadlines. They will oversee the graphic designers on staff as well as the in-house print shop. They will also act as the in-house liaison for any out of house print jobs.
- Work closely with the SVP, Brand & Content and VP, Content & Digital Marketing to build out the creative vision in alignment with the Comcast Spectacor brands – articulating how our brand translates to our content, creative, and partnership narratives.
- Oversee and directionally guide graphic design team – guide decision making and concept development ensuring consistency and alignment to overall creative strategy.
- Lead design projects from ideation to execution, ensuring project delivery dates and expectations are met within pre-established budgets.
- Establish an efficient team delegation and project management while fostering a fun, supportive, collaborative environment to bring out the best work from your team.
- Identity/logo design for external marketing, internal and corporate partner events and programs.
- Prepare final layout for print and oversee the production process.
- Precise proofing of all materials and deliver high-quality, on-time, error-free drafts.
· Willingness to accept and deliver executive feedback in creative direction.
- Manage team’s digital asset libraries.
- Oversee the internal print production office.
*Applicants must provide a portfolio*
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communications or related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
· Minimum of 7 years of full-time graphic design work experience – experience with a professional sports team or within the professional sports and entertainment industry encouraged.
· Possess advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite on Mac platform, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom and After Effects. Motion graphics experience preferred.
· Solid experience in working in a creative environment and full-working knowledge of both print and digital production delivery techniques.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and changing landscapes.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
· Excellent design sense; thorough understanding of design theory including principles such as color, typography, and composition.
- Solid understanding of current web technologies and best practices.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours, including but not limited to nights, weekends and select holidays is required. Will be required to design and produce final files on the fly during a sporting event, at the event and from home.
· Applicants must submit a portfolio or website link demonstrating experience and talents.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.When you apply for a position with Comcast Spectacor, LLC, we collect, use, and share your personal information as described in our Applicant Privacy Notice.