In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Intern at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a dynamic Information Technology Intern to work alongside our team! You will work closely with the IT team to support technology infrastructure, systems administration, troubleshooting, and end-user support. The IT Intern is expected to work a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Assist the IT team in the maintenance and support of technology infrastructure, including hardware, software, networks, and servers.
- Collaborate with IT personnel to respond to user requests for assistance, troubleshoot problems, and help develop solutions.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of computer systems, and software applications.
- Participate in IT projects, such as system migrations, software deployments, and network enhancements, under the guidance of IT professionals.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to IT Manager. Monitor and test resolution for those issues escalated to IT Manager.
- Assist with monitoring of backup systems and other procedures to ensure data security and recovery.
- Monitor Network Switch equipment and enable/disable ports as needed.
- Support FileMaker Database users.
- Patch copper and fiber network patches as necessary to extend services where needed.
- Assist in maintaining documentation and inventory of IT equipment.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in IT support and services.
- Shadow various people within the company to learn all aspects of the company including but not limited to: Technical Services Audio Visual, Scoreboard / Videoboard Operations, and Smart City Networks (Event Setup).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain and handle confidential information.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Enrollment in or graduated from a two or four-year program at an accredited college or university with a focus in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware, software, and networks.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Familiarity with operating systems, such as Windows and macOS, and common software applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to reach deadlines and work quickly and efficiently.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, CCTV, and Security Systems.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Windows 7, 10, and MacOSX.
Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.