In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Intern at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a creative Box Office Intern to work alongside our team! This internship opportunity will provide learning and hands-on experience in ticketing operations, providing exceptional service to event attendees, and more. The Box Office Intern is expected to work a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Assist the Box Office team in the day-to-day operations of ticket sales and services.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service to patrons, addressing inquiries and resolving issues related to ticketing and event information.
- Assist with processing ticket orders, exchanges, refunds, and other transactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Utilize ticketing software systems to manage and distribute tickets, maintain seating charts, and generate reports as needed.
- Assist with researching and preparing daily sales reports and daily box office financial reports.
- Assist in preparing, processing, and submitting event staffing allocation reports, staffing estimates, and billing reports.
- Collaborate with event organizers and promoters to ensure accurate ticket inventory management and seating allocations.
- Assist with ticketing-related administrative tasks, including data entry, filing, and record keeping.
- Support the coordination of will-call and ticket pick-up processes during events.
- Assist in monitoring and resolving ticketing system issues or discrepancies.
- Stay up to date on event details. Schedules, pricing, and promotions to provide accurate and informed assistance to customers.
- Collaborate with other departments such as marketing and operations, to ensure consistent and smooth ticketing operations.
- Participate in training sessions and meetings to enhance knowledge of ticketing systems and procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned by the Box Office team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain and handle confidential information.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
Currently pursuing or have recently graduated with a degree in Sports/ Event Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
Skills and Abilities
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and the capacity to work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other relevant software applications.
- Ability to lift and carry event-related equipment and materials, as necessary.
Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other standard office equipment.
Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required by event schedules.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.