In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Under the Director of Sales supervision, The Sales Assistant administers all license agreements and any necessary addendums, as well as any other documents required to properly document sales accounts and bookings. Responsible for the attainment of short-term and long-term financial goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Assist in preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Act as point of contact for internal and external clients
- Preparation of departmental documents (license agreements, addendums, variances, requisitions)
- Work cooperatively with Legal Department for License addendums.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms at the direction of the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings.
- Prepares booking reports for the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB) as assigned by Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Assist the Receptionist with front desk duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales.
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED (required). Previous experience in customer service, consumer relations, hotel industry, business or marketing through work or education preferred.
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Programs: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher; Internet Navigation, Adobe, Canva
- Ability to work with Ungerboeck Event Management Software (EBMS) (after training)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Customer oriented mindset and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents
- Excellent time management skills
- Energetic communication and organizational skills, forward-thinking, creative individual with high ethical standard
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability and willingness to work irregular schedules and hours in fast-paced environment
- Must portray an appropriate professional image and attitude
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of event booking and scheduling software, spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours may be required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.