NYCB LIVE Job Description
Job Title: Account Executive, Group & Premium Sales
Department: Group & Premium Sales
Reports To: Manager, Group & Premium Sales
Effective Date: March 2020
Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for promoting and selling group tickets and premium experiences to clubs, churches, scouts, companies, civic organizations, charitable organizations, or any organization that can purchase 10+ tickets or more in the Long Island/New York State area. The incumbent in this position will focus majority of his/her efforts on selling NYCB LIVE, home of Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum (NYCB LIVE) products.
NEC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate new group & premium sales business focusing primarily on NYCB LIVE arena products;
- Achieve and exceed both monthly and yearly sales goals set by the Manager of Group and Premium Sales;
- Concentration on working with schools, non-profits, and youth groups
- Consistently make a minimum of 60 outbound phone calls daily
- Maintain and grow the relationship with existing clients;
- Actively prospect and research new sales leads, establish qualified leads, and close sales in-person or over the phone;
- Set-up meetings with key decision makers of community and corporations;
- Assist in the creative concepts of group and premium sales materials including brochures, flyers, and all other support materials;
- Provide superior customer service to clients;
- Think outside the box for the next big idea;
- Participates in special projects/project team(s) as assigned, to support department objectives.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 1-2 years experience working in sales (preferably in ticket sales for a professional sports franchise or an entertainment arena)
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole
- Strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
- Competencies in face-to-face presentations and event selling
- Experience working with database applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook and related software skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of enthusiasm.
May be required to travel on rare occasions (< 5%); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend all Long Island Nets and New York Open games as well as other NYCB LIVE events as needed.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.