*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Coordinates all activities of the F&B Kitchens and directs the training of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service. This position will work closely with all F&B Operations and Sales Department and will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff including clients.
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of food production of a large scale food preparation operation including daily production of all foods and assisting with staffing schedules.
- Communicate and direct overall quality and appearance of food.
- Plans and participates in the planning of menus for all F&B Food locations and functions.
- Communicate and help to create menus with Sales Department taking into account number of guests, market conditions, and popularity of dishes, food trends, sustainability, and feasibility to produce and cost of goods.
- Estimates food consumption, purchases and kitchen supplies.
- Reviews menus, analyze recipes, determine food, labor and overhead costs, and assist with assigning prices to menu items.
- Contribute and supervise the maintenance of ordering/recipe/production system.
- Supervise, train and direct employees in all aspects and departments of the kitchen.
- Observe method of food preparation and cooking, size of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Develop menu items with recipes, procedures, nutritional content and allergens.
- On board newly hired Chefs and Cooks with standards of practice for the kitchen and oversee training of Cook Apprentices. Enforcing SAVOR Rules and regulations.
- Lead Chefs in the execution of all events, evaluate event performance for the continuous improvement of food quality, staff efficiency and event outcomes.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to taste and smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Position also includes frequent temperature changes (walk-ins, freezers) for short periods.
- Must regularly lift and or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to withstand loud noise in the environment
- Certification of course completion from an accredited culinary school, college or technical school; three or more years of hands on experience, and five or more years of Kitchen/culinary supervisory experience.
- Ability to use, maintain, and train others in the use of basic food service and kitchen equipment.
- Expertise in food values and nutrition
- Current certification in food handling and safety sanitation (Sani-Serve or similar) or ability to be certified with minimal preparation.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Strong analytical and mathematic skills in relation to the culinary profession and Food and Beverage industry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Basic PC application skills such as Excel and Word.
- Employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Promotion from within is encouraged whenever qualified employees of ASM Global are available. Interested employees are urged to contact Human Resources if qualified for any of the above openings.
Employment is contingent upon new employees providing documents verifying U.S. citizenship or, for aliens, documents verifying legal permission to work in the United States. Final candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.