*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Senior Facility Accounting Manager for ASM Global/Greek Theatre. Responsible for the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and ASM Global policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and ASM Global policies and procedures
- Develop and implement all financial reporting, including:
- Prepare financial statements for the Client and ASM Global Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, annual budget and annual report
- Direct the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records
- Analyze financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals
- Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues
- Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls
- Coordinate preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested
- Coordinates year-end report of fiscal performance for the General Manager's report
- Monitors ASM Global compliance with all provisions of the management contract
- Maintains contact with ASM Global's risk management department and insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements
- Monitors and projects daily cash flow; invests excess cash as needed
- Reviews all purchasing of capital assets, office supplies and facility supplies
- Directs the installation and maintenance of any new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the finance department. Directly supervises the Finance Department employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Must have at least 3 years' experience in public accounting and/or financial management
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Strong supervisory skills
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll systems desirable
- Sage knowledge a plus
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 323.391.6001.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.