*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The ASM Global Commercial Partnership Director will be tasked with developing new strategic partnerships and managing existing partner relationships in Commercial Development by leading on-going efforts with the ASM Global's sales agent, Global Partnerships. This person will be an integral part of an international commercial partnership team, collaborating on strategy and development, while directly representing and guiding domestic efforts. A thorough understanding of the live sports & entertainment commercial ecosystem is integral to success as ASM's commercial development efforts are deeply rooted in strategy and innovative methods to create the greatest mutual benefit for ASM partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initial steps should be directed toward analyzing the current state of ASM Global's position in the domestic market
- Secondly, a thorough understanding and analysis of the ASM operating model across the vast domestic portfolio is paramount
- From the accumulated knowledge, the Commercial Partnership Director will guide strategy developed with the CCO
- Daily collaboration with the various Global Partnerships business leaders to define potential strategic relationships
- Preparation of business plan presentations for potential partners, along with Global Partnerships, is important in the regular course of business for the Commercial Partnership Director
- Establish strong relationships within Global Partnerships and throughout their network of partners
- Leadership of 170+ domestic ASM facilities commercial development efforts, representing them to Global Partnerships
- Represent ASM, along with Global Partnerships, on all fulfillment efforts associated with partner asset delivery
- Work closely with ASM facilities on the delivery of partner assets, i.e.: tickets, suites, promotions, etc.
- Prepare and manage the details of partner contracts with legal counsel and Global Partnerships and monitor contract elements
- Prepare development and other departmental reports, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Commercial Officer
- Although there are currently no direct reports, the Commercial team is expected to grow, as revenue continue to increase. The Commercial Partnership Director will lead a fulfillment team, as partners grow. Currently the Commercial Partnership Director will supervise
- the commercial process between Global Partnerships, the client, corporate administrative departments and ASM facilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with energy and enthusiasm. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors' degree preferred in Marketing, Sales, Business or related field along with 4+ years' experience in the sports, entertainment or hospitality sales industry, related to partnership sales and fulfillment at a team, agency or facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent presentation, problem solving and organizational skills
- Very strong business acumen, with both analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Result oriented with exceptional ability to identify opportunity and capitalize
- Collaboration skills are extremely important as the multi-level stakeholder model is often complex
- Maintain an effective working relationship with Global Partnerships, follow employees, facilities and departmental leadership
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to remain self-motivated, always acting with integrity and in a strong ethical manner
- Must be able to operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Excellent writing skills a must, with the ability to author creatively and edit effectively, as called upon
Hours of Work and Travel Requirements
- Ability to work long, but flexible hours, based on the demands of partnership goals and the sports & entertainment schedule
- Workload will demand evening, weekend and sometimes holiday performance as needed
- Must have valid passport & appropriate visa, as travel is often needed
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally and to be able to move through airports, hotels and ASM facilities. Position requires step climbing, walking, and sometimes running; may be subject to physical confrontations; indoor and outdoor working conditions; irregular hours.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.