*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
ASM Global, the world’s leading venue management and services company, has an excellent and immediate opening for the position of Executive Chef/ Director of Food & Beverage- ASM Global/ Capital One Hall. This individual will be responsible for leadership of the overall daily F&B management, operating and facilitation of a premier food & beverage operations as well as meal preparation of the facility including: fine dining, private catering & events, concerts concessions and the biergarten food experience.
Capital One Hall (Tysons, VA) , is a multi-venue theater complex presently under construction at Capital One Center, located on the campus of Capital One headquarters in Fairfax County in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Capital One Hall features a 1600 seat performance hall, a 250 seat black box, a rooftop park encompassing a 150 seat amphitheater and an authentic Biergarten. The venue encompasses a spectacular Grand Lobby and Terrace, both spaces perfect for unique performances, pre-show activities, smaller musical acts, corporate gatherings and social events. This extraordinary, state of the art facility is located directly off the silver Metro line making it easily accessible locally and out of Washington D.C. proper. The anticipated performance season will run 12 months a year and will host a diverse, eclectic mix of entertainment including live music concerts, comedic acts, festivals and will proudly host many Fairfax County theatrical and symphonic groups including but not limited to organizations such as the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra, Washington West Film Festival and Ravel Dance.
Capital One Hall is owned by Capital One and will open in the Fall of 2021 and will be managed by ASM Global, a Los Angeles based company and a world leader in facility management who will operate this extraordinary complex in the best interest of its client, Capital One.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs creative menus, analyzes recipes, and determines proper prices for items to be sold at
- Maintains quality standard when preparing and serving food
- Performs interviews, hires, schedules, and supervises kitchen staff
- Participate in weekly catering and event meetings
- Conducts safety, sanitation, and maintenance in kitchen
- Maintains food costs while ensuring quality standards are met
- Manages inventory of all kitchen supplies
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance
- Orders all food and develops rapport with our numerous purveyors
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of products to comply with the standards
- Observes kitchen staff while they prepare for events and maintains portion size, proper garnishing of food, and proper handling
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global’s policies and applicable laws
- Disciplining employees in conjunction with HR; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Requires flexible hours including nights and weekend that vary based on events
Food & Beverage Duties
- Markets Food and Beverage Services to clients and establishes Food and Beverage controls
- Helps plan and approves external and internal marketing and sales promotion activities for the food and beverage department
- Creates Food and Beverage sales projections and budgets for facility events
- Develops event work plans including scheduling and ordering, and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates
- Assures that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented.
- Reviews food and beverage lists submitted by department managers to determine that sufficient items are ordered weekly
- Greets Guests and oversees Food and Beverage operations during events to ensure client satisfaction
- Assures that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently utilized
- Maintains cost and quality control standards
- Monitors purchasing and receiving procedures for products and supplies to ensure proper quantity, quality, and price for all purchases
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws as well as internal regulations
- Analyzes information concerning facility operation such as daily food sales, patron attendance and labor costs to prepare budget and to maintain cost control of facility operations
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations
Manages and works in tandem with Catering Sales & Event Manager and subordinate Catering, Concessions and Kitchen supervisors and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of any of these units. The Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees as well as planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Food and Beverage Management, or Certificate and/or degree from accredited culinary school, college, or technical school or related field experience required in a supervisory role.
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in a leadership Food and Beverage management level position that included financial management . Additionally, at least 5 years’ experience as a Executive Chef in an upscale fast paced kitchen serving 500+ person events.
- Responsible for the control and achievement of financial results for food & beverage operation of $2 million +.
- Catering management experience is required.
- Proven track record of exceeding customer service and quality standards required
- Proven execution of high-profile catering events up to 800+ people.
- Performs all employee management functions such as interviewing, hiring, training, etc
- Serv-Safe Food Manager Certification or similar required
- Ability to lift and/or more up to 100lbs
- Experience in a multi-purpose entertainment facility preferred
- Concession experience
- Experience in cocktail creation/mixology for high end bars and/or restaurants preferred.
- Familiarity with bar food and biergarten food & menus
- Diverse background in food and beverage industry, primarily in large banquet facility.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to motive and foster a high level , well executed food & beverage operation from venue staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work irregular hours as dictated by the event schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Creative and ability to create unique dining experiences.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must be a “Self-Starter” and have the ability to work with limited supervision
- Crisis management skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office platforms, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, and knowledge of Banquet Event Order (BEO) or other event management programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; be able to communicate effectively during a strenuous schedule. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.