*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
POSITION: Senior Human Resources Manager
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Human Resources
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
SUMMARY: ASM GLOBAL, the leader in privately managed public facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Senior Human Resources Manager at ASM GLOBAL Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. This position oversees a variety of Human Resources operations including employee and labor Union relations, administration and maintenance of all compliance requirements, and planning and deployment of employee and leadership training programs. consistent with ASM GLOBAL/Barclays Center policies by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows ASM GLOBAL Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Maintains compliance with state (local) regulations concerning employment.
- Maximize team performance through coaching leaders to enable them to provide feedback and development to their teams.
- Provide strategic coaching to key employees as related to succession planning, career path development, and performance management.
- Partner with business leaders to evolve and embed the organizational culture driven by the Regional President and develop and lead change plans that engage leaders and employees.
- Foster a culture that recognizes and celebrates our talent.
- Engage and influence business leaders and provide strategic advice on people issues and HR needs.
- Administers various strategic Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel
- Representing HR department and participating in various meetings, including, but not limited to, Departmental/Operations/Union meetings as needed. Maintains a presence with employees through attendance at games and events.
- Strategic and proactive recruitment for year-round positions.
- Develop and deliver learning and development programs that support the growth of the company. Coordinates training or trains Managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Offboarding for voluntary and involuntary terminations.
- Establish credibility throughout the company with management and team members to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Work with Head of HR on HR initiatives including Diversity and Inclusion, Learning and Development, Talent Development, Team Member Engagement, Performance Management, and more! Continually seeks improvement of current HR programs.
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Investigates accidents and various complaints, preparing and advising on appropriate corrective action(s)
- Manages the HR "life cycle" ensuring that we are creating a positive candidate and team member experiences.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Administers performance review and salary administration program
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Liaison between payroll and scheduling department as it relates to HR matters
- Other duties as assigned
This position directly supervises administrative employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM GLOBAL's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 7 years of human resources (generalist) business experience, with at least five years of direct partnership with business leaders to drive measurable results.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in hospitality, retail, or live events.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a unionized workforce environment.
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to influence and drive business objectives while maintaining standards of "high touch"
- Employee and labor relations experience; knowledge of legal and regulatory factors including relevant employment laws
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and resolve complex and sensitive human resource issues.
- HR certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration.
- Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity, and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce.
- Experience in navigating highly complex, matrixed organizations
- Significant transformation and change management work is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests in a timely manner
- General analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, consulting & listening skills; skilled facilitator with sound judgment and diplomacy
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & confidential information
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to communicate effectively with diverse workforce
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to learn applicable business systems.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Close vision for review of information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output.
- Manual dexterity for regular use of hands for typing is required.
May spend long hours in sitting at computer viewing computer monitor.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Human Resources Certification preferred.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Previous experience working with ADP, ABI, or other HRIS Systems.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel minimal.
- Requires the ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (610) 729-1023.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.