ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the general building and facilities maintenance at Allegiant Stadium. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks for the operations department and will work with the VP of Operations to ensure all facility event, engineering, and maintenance needs are met. This position will work closely with staff to provide high level customer service in order to ensure a friendly, safe environment at all events and assist with planning and cost estimates.
- Responsible for general building and facilities maintenance. Coordination of inspections and adjustments to all building operating systems including boilers, chillers, air handlers, HVAC, and plumbing equipment. Constant communication with Chief Engineer, Director of Maintenance and Director of Facility Operations.
- Coordinate maintenance service of equipment including HVAC, Escalators, Elevator and other critical facility systems
- Manages service agreements for additional maintenance and ensures adherence to specifications; oversees maintenance of permit requirements (i.e. elevator, alarms, etc.)
- Coordination of training, supervising, and evaluating departmental personnel and service providers
- Coordinate third party service providers by enforcing the agreed upon scope of services within the various signed service agreements
- Continuously review the departmental and operational needs
- Develops and reviews work schedules for maintenance staff to ensure efficient staffing
- Maintains inventory control program under the direction of the Operation Director
- Projects as required by VP, Operations
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of related work experience in facilities management
- Experience in coordinating, communicating, with multiple teams in large-scale entertainment venues
- Ability to establish and maintaining effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, employees, patrons, clients, service providers and corporate sponsors
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel); and ability to learn all required business systems
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, as well as in various weather climates
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.