*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, is the home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events.
The Lead Building Engineer maintains all facility equipment in good working condition, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical plants; lighting and climate control systems; roofing systems; ground support equipment, and maintenance/cleaning equipment. The Lead Building Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of the natural grass field tray at Allegiant Stadium. In addition, the Lead Building Engineer will provide support and guidance to junior Engineers with troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Conduct daily rounds of the stadiums Chiller and Boiler Plants, as well as maintain all logs and maintenance records of the Plant, in an orderly manner.
- Provide technical expertise, leadership and assistance to the Building Engineers as required. Supports the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer with ensuring tasks, routine checks, and inspections are being completed.
- Support the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer with ensuring that all local municipality codes, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, state regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Repairs and maintains all facility systems and equipment employing various techniques including but not limited to welding and soldering.
- Inspects systems throughout facility to detect malfunctions or breakdowns. Investigates malfunctions or breakdowns of systems to diagnose causes and locate the source of the problem. Implements corrective actions and solutions. Anticipates potential malfunctions or breakdowns and takes appropriate action to prevent or minimize curtailment of services. Operates auxiliary supply systems when breakdown occurs.
- Coordinates shutdown and start-ups of utilities when conditions require it.
- Follows procedures for use of Work Order and ASM Maintenance Manager systems.
- Adheres to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes.
- Functions as Event Engineer operating lighting and building systems while answering calls and making repairs as needed during events.
- Climbs 80+ feet tower to facilitate repairs to the event floor & stadium exterior/interior perimeter lighting equipment
- Safely and efficiently operate the natural grass field tray for all grass specific events, including NFL games.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- A minimum education level of High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 2 years managing and providing direction, leadership to Building Engineers in the field.
- Graduate of an accredited technical school or apprenticeship
- 1+ years hands-on experience with HVAC equipment
- Certificates: CFC refrigerant license required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage up, to the Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
- Ability to navigate and manipulate the buildings CMMS system as required.
- Works effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule to produce accurate results.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures, tools, equipment and techniques used in the trades.
- Ability to cross train in other trades and share this knowledge with engineers and mechanics.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours; including nights, weekends, holidays (required)
- Computer skills: sufficient computer knowledge to operate BMS and other automated systems including operation of personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors; subject to adverse conditions
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.