ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
Reporting to the Vice President of Security, the Director of Safety and Risk is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective and innovative safety program, with the objective of securing safety, minimizing risk, and protecting the assets of the corporation. The Director of Safety and Risk will ensure compliance with all legislative and OSHA requirements, including creating and implementing safety programs, training, program compliance and oversight. The Director of Safety and Risk will provide safety leadership to management, supervise adherence to the corporate safety programs, and ensure compliance with the company safety philosophy and industry best practices. The Director of Safety and Risk will ensure that the organization meets its obligations to prevent, reduce and mitigate risk exposures and losses to protect the insurability of the organization.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with recognized best safety practices to create a safe working environment
- Manage and support safety committees and direct the activities of the safety committees relating to safety policy and program implementation
- Ensure that public safety programs create a safe and enjoyable environment for guests for Allegiant Stadium
- Analyze and evaluate work functions to develop safety, environmental and ergonomic policies to ensure worker health and safety. Plan, facilitate, and track employee trainings on best safety practices.
- Evaluate company exposure to loss through risk identification, assessment and control.
- Inspect and audit critical building systems including MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumping) equipment to ensure proper maintenance, function and upkeep standards are maintained
- Partner with Claims Administrator to review claims data and analyze behaviors and trends in WC and GL frequencies.
- Conduct ongoing inspection of facilities, operations and equipment to insure compliance and that a safe environment is preserved. In conjunction with insurance company engineers and others, conduct fire protection and safety inspections and coordinate implementation of cost-effective recommendations with company management.
- Serve as the professional liaison in case of government agency inspections concerning safety, environmental or ergonomic issues
- Manage and direct Industrial Hygiene issues, including industrial material hazards, monitoring of hazards including noise and chemical exposure, and work to minimize exposure.
- Lead efforts to identify, recommend, develop, and implement best practice for Company safety programs and help ensure standardization company-wide
- Investigate Worker’s Compensation claims by the circumstances to determine cause of loss or injury, identify contributing factors and develop corrective action plans to prevent future occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Review vendor and union contracts, agreements and proposals to ensure compliance with company safety policies and applicable regulatory requirements
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) Area of Study: Safety Engineering or Environmental Health and Safety or a related field of study
- Years of related work experience: 5- 7 years related experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Effective facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of current safety regulations (local, state and federal), policies, and programs
- Ability to analyze, interpret, summarize, and present safety data
- Must be able to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders across the varies entities
- High degree of initiative and ability to work well with minimal oversight
- CFPS or familiarity with NFPA and ANSI codes and standards
- Demonstrated skills in managing people and projects
- Strong analytical, logical and problem-solving skills with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Must be willing and able to travel overnight up to 25%
- CIH, Ergonomics or equivalent knowledge or training
- ARM, CRM or equivalent knowledge or training
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- OSHA 500 or 501 Trainer
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.