ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Director of Finance will oversee the finance and accounting functions of the Allegiant Stadium Finance department. Responsibilities include supervising department staff, monitoring the monthly close process, issuing monthly financial statements, preparing event settlements, preparing budget reports, and a variety of other financial reports. These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the organization’s Vice President of Finance.
- Accounting Management
- Oversee and manage the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Monitor department progress toward meeting various deadlines.
- Hire, manage, coach, train, and provide ongoing performance evaluations for staff.
- Manage and maintain internal controls and compliance in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Box Office/Ticketing. Maintain compliance for tax reporting purposes.
- Supervise the process of recording manual journal entries and oversee various finance related processes (fixed assets, payroll, etc.) to ensure accounting records are complete and accurate.
- Review and/or prepare bank reconciliations, account reconciliations and other analyses as needed.
- Ensure department policies & procedures are followed.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, budget reports, and event flash reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create, maintain, and manage budgeting and forecasting including, but not limited to, operating budget, monthly forecasting, capital budget, and cash flow analysis.
- Prepare other financial reports and analyses as requested.
- Work with outside auditors to complete the annual audit and issue audited financial statements.
- Manage reporting for debt covenants.
- Perform and manage show-related activities – settlements, accounting, and event reporting.
- Partner with HR and the Payroll Department to ensure payroll is processed and recorded accurately.
- Assist Vice President of Finance and other facility personnel as requested.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in Finance, Accounting
- 7 – 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in a fast-paced accounting/finance department. Experience in the facilities/arena management industry a major plus.
- Knowledge of Solomon accounting software preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate well with management-level peers as well as with employees
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Capable of handling all aspects of the accounting cycle and principles and techniques of sta operations.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with computers and MS office programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by even schedules and project timetables.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Experience in the facilities / stadium or arena management industry strongly preferred
- CPA a plus
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.