*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, is the home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The primary duty of an Event Manager is to be the main point of contact and provide support to the Clients of Allegiant Stadium. The Event Manager will manage, coordinate, and plan all aspects of private events- primarily corporate, tradeshows, community events and occasionally assist with Tenant events.
- Manages all logistics for corporate/private events. Determines event strategies and plans how to accomplish event success.
- Primary contact and principle liaison during an event.
- Determines needs and resolve problems by making strategic, business oriented and client-serving decisions required to ensure a successful event.
- Manages facility staffing needs and clearly communicates event needs with all necessary internal departments such as security, operations, and guest services.
- Instructs contracted staff on event days.
- Manages events with appropriate subcontractors, decorating companies, audio-visual companies, food and beverage, contractor and others to ensure success of the event.
- Develops and manages successful business relationships with clients and vendors in effort to provide exceptional customer service and increase probability of future bookings/return.
- Develops paperwork for the planning of a successful event (work orders, floor plans, event report and final invoicing).
- Manages event expenses from contracting, to event, through final settlement.
- Assist other team members with events including NFL and NCAA as needed.
- Monitors events to ensure all building rules, policies and safety procedures are being adhered to and enforced during events.
- Conducts site tours of facility to prospective and/or booked clients.
- Shows the variety of usage, operations and functions the facility can provide.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Business, Hospitality, Event Planning or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Experience effectively managing and planning events.
- Excellent customer service skills working with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to speak clearly to give instructions and explanations and listen/understand when communicating with staff, vendors, and clients.
- Ability to write and compose correspondence, contracts, memos, and reports.
- Experience establishing and maintaining cooperative and productive work relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and working independently; able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and remaining productive and professional.
- Demonstrated independent thinking and problem-solving skills; able to work with confidential information
- Must possess and exude a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Self-starter with a willingness and enthusiasm for taking on additional responsibility.
- Ability to work extended hours on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to walk or otherwise move about frequently for several hours.
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.