ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Community Affairs Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and executing a variety of local outreach programs for community engagement, workforce diversity, and career development opportunities as outlined within the Community Benefits Plan. The Community Affairs Manager will develop partnerships with local community leaders, non-profit organizations, neighborhood groups, faith-based organizations, business chambers, elected officials, and agencies to spearhead and/or to participate in local fundraising, charity, civic, and hiring events. This individual will also provide quarterly and annual reporting analytics to partners and board members.
- Design, organize, and implement community engagement and outreach events, activities, and goals that are consistent with the charitable mission of Allegiant Stadium and the Community Benefits Plan
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local community leaders, organizers, elected officials, non-profit organizations, and local agencies to identify opportunities to participate, collaborate, and support local community needs
- Develop, organize, and implement philanthropic initiatives in the surrounding community, such as reading programs, adopt-a-school, career internships, educational enrichment programs, ticket donation programs, and others to be determined
- Partner with vendors to ensure that workforce diversity, community engagement, and hiring metrics are compliant with the Community Benefits Plan
- Maintain positive relationships with corporate sponsors to support philanthropic programs
- Host annual employment and/or business development events for small, local, and WMBE firms to encourage workforce and supplier diversity at Allegiant Stadium
- Host vendors, partners and community organizations
- Attend community meetings, civic, charity, and fundraising events on behalf of Allegiant Stadium
- Provide support with elected official outreach as needed
- Work with department heads and partners to gather quantifiable diversity and inclusion indicators and metrics. Manage all content and summaries of goals and achievements for monthly, quarterly and annual reports for Community Benefits Plan Oversight Committee
- Partner with marketing team to develop and implement Community Affairs communications plan, including coordinating the use of social media and electronic platforms for community-based events
- Develop, manage, and track budgets and spending for ASM Community Affairs programs
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in related field
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of related work experience
- Solid program/project management, communications, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, direct reports, business partners, peers, project personnel, members of the public and all levels of management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; ability to learn other required business systems
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, written, verbal, active listening, presentation, and conflict resolution
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated business acumen
- High level of ethics and personal integrity; must be able to work with confidential information
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.