ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat,
1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
This position is responsible for setup and support of all front end and back end technologies for Audio, Video, Broadcasting, and Cisco Vision at Allegiant Stadium. The Audio-Video Technician will assist and work closely with EICs as well as internal and external departments supporting setup and operations of all ticketed and non-ticketed events. Must identify and repair any damaged or defective broadcast audio or video cabling in timely manner. Interest in gaining knowledge of distribution systems and broadcast systems is expected.
- Organize and setup audio, video, and broadcast equipment for all scheduled events at Allegiant Stadium. Strike as well as inventory all audio-video equipment at conclusion of all events.
- Equipment Management:
- Manage and maintain all lighting, audio and video equipment and related technical drawings as well as signal paths
- Ensure proper operations of all department fixed and portable equipment and infrastructure.
- Manage and oversee stadium related broadcast, production and technical setup aspects of NFL games as well as all other events.
- Maintain audio/visual and broadcast systems including: OES Scoring System, cameras, scoreboard, motors, hoists, control room, rack room, television, CATV distribution etc.
- Manage and maintain AV equipment including fixed and portable assets
- Maintain, repair, install, set & strike broadcast and production equipment as needed
- Coordinate all video and audio routing throughout the facility
- Assist with the maintenance and patching of the audio and video facilities in the truck dock I/O as well as main equipment room.
- Ensure the maintenance and repair of internal a/v cables and termination points are completed as needed.
- Ensure all broadcast equipment is working properly. Escalate challenges and issues to EICs and Manager in a timely manner.
- Assist with the repair, maintenance as well as building of various types of broadcast audio and video cabling. Assist EICs as well as Dept Manager with general maintenance (cleaning) of broadcast equipment.
- High School diploma or its equivalency.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
- Must possess knowledge of broadcast terminology as it relates to video and audio signal routing, patching, equipment repair and maintenance.
- Interested in growing in the Digital Media and/or Broadcasting field.
- Strong computer skills using programs like MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good judgement, reasoning ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to solder and use cable termination tools.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet broadcast deadlines, make decisions, and take corrective action under tight timelines.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Electronics background or trade school degree.
- At least 2 years’ hands on experience.
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.