USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
As the home for USC Trojans football since 1923, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum also plays host to concerts, international soccer matches, food festivals, and numerous other events. The Coliseum just completed a $315 million-dollar renovation that will usher in a new era of service as we continue to strive to be “The Greatest Stadium in the World.”
We are seeking a Technical Operations Service Engineer IIto join our rapidly growing team. This position will work at multiple locations as needed and will not have a set schedule.
The position is responsible to support a wide range of technology needed to efficiently support day to day operations and large scale events that take place at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- Installs, upgrades, repairs and maintains large scale computer systems including operating system setup, configuration and troubleshooting. Integrates and tests central processors and various peripheral devices. Calibrates equipment.
- Assists other technical support staff and helps to maintain support and technical documentation.
- Designs special devices and interfaces in consultation with staff engineers and programmers. Assembles, integrates and tests or checks out special devices and interfaces.
- Monitors the performance of supported hardware and provides recommendations for improvement or change. Coordinates implementation of changes.
- Prepares and submits technical reports to provide engineering data for short and long range planning.
- Stays informed of new developments and technologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Handle emergency repairs during live events. Provide proactive maintenance support for all systems to minimize negative impact during games and scheduled events
- General knowledge of - and experience using (or desire to learn) - typical control room technology and equipment, including but not limited to: multiviewers, digital video & graphic playback, replay systems, switchers, CG equipment, (stationary & PTZ), communication systems, fiber optics transmission
maintenance and repair, digital projectors, IPTV, audio systems (including microphones, amplifiers, speakers, monitors, etc.).
- Flexible schedule. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and irregular/extended hours in addition to regular business hours as dictated by the ever-changing stadium event schedule
- Minimum Education: Specialized/technical training, combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education, Bachelor's degree or combined work experience and education as equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 3 years
- Minimum Expertise: Servicing computers and peripheral equipment; software.
- Valid CA driver's license required. Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment. For more information please visit the policy website.
What We Prefer:
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Experience: 4 years
- Preferred Expertise: In depth knowledge of computers, peripheral equipment, and related fields
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE
, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate range for this position is $34.81 - $37.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Specialized/technical training, combined experience/education as substitute for minimum experience, Bachelor's degree or combined work experience and education as equivalent Minimum Experience: 3 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Servicing computers and peripheral equipment; software.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance (PDF)
. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]
. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.