American Airlines Center is one of the nation’s top arenas. Since openings its doors in 2001, American Airlines Center has been setting the precedent for sporting and live entertainment events. Bringing in a variety of big name shows and housing both the Dallas Mavericks and the Dallas Stars. American Airlines Center serves more than 2 million guests during 200+ live events each year. We aim to provide genuine, memorable and innovative experiences to every single one of our guests and demand excellence and creativity in everything we do.
At American Airlines Center, we value our employees and what they bring to the company, but more importantly to the guest experience. We are seeking a highly motivated marketing intern to join our winning team. The spring internship program offers a twelve-week paid, internship opportunity at American Airlines Center located in Dallas, Texas. The marketing internship program is a combination of mentoring, learning and project work intended to give extensive exposure necessary for the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns within the sports & entertainment industry.
- Develops content for social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc), website, and email blasts
- Research third party events to assist in artist enhancement on day of show
- Assists with creation of collateral including flyers, signage, and posters
- Provides monthly social media analytics report, post-event marketing recaps, and submits weekly progress reports
- Maintains spreadsheets to include media/press contacts, and influencers
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Qualifications
- Must be able to work in the DFW area for the duration of the internship
- Undergraduate student in good academic standing
- Receive academic credit for internship is preferred
- Previous Marketing experience is a plus, but is not required
- Internet savvy with basic knowledge of social media best practices (Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
- Possess research skills and ability to prepare reports
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in supervised meetings to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task; detail-oriented; fast learner
The qualified individual personifies our core values of INTEGRITY, TEAMWORK, PASSION, and EXCELLENCE at all times.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Ability to walk, stand, talk, hear, and see
- Ability to reach up and bend down to multi-level cabinets and file drawers; to use fingers and hands to use computer/ office equipment/ cell phones/ electronic devices, and paperwork, to bend/squat or kneel to reach materials, to extend hands and arms, to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk up and down aisles and stairs
- Must be able to stand for up to 5 hours at a time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. of materials
- Ability to extensively view computer and/or other electronic devices within an 8 hour day
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate; however, during events the noise level may be loud.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT – JOB ACCOMODATION REQUESTS
Any individual who requests a job accommodation due to a physical or mental impairment will require a dialogue with Human Resources to determine if the individual can perform the essential duties of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Medical documentation will be required to support any request for medical restrictions that impact job duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.