American Airlines Center is one of the nation’s top arenas. Since openings its doors in 2001, American Airlines Center has been setting the precedent for sporting and live entertainment events. Bringing in a variety of big name shows and housing both the Dallas Mavericks and the Dallas Stars. American Airlines Center serves more than 2 million guests during 200+ live events each year. We aim to provide genuine, memorable and innovative experiences to every single one of our guests and demand excellence and creativity in everything we do.
At American Airlines Center, we value our employees and what they bring to the company, but more importantly to the guest experience. We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic team player to join our Operations Department. The Assistant Director of Operations ensures continuity, focus and purpose to the ongoing operations of American Airlines Center facilities and premises. Responsibilities include direction and management of maintenance, HVAC, Ice technicians, conversion, and all technical aspects of managing the facility: to ensure proper operation and upkeep of the NBA/NHL facilities and premises in accordance with approved established guidelines. Plans, directs, manages and coordinates all building equipment and event operations to ensure facility readiness for event presentation, execution and operations. Plans, develops, and administers new projects as assigned. Performs related duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Assists Director in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures and personnel policies for the Operations department
- Assists Director with the development, management and support of the fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities to the budget for the department
- Supports the Director as liaison with all local and national regulatory agencies ensuring facility and corporate adherence to required ordinances (OSHA, NFPA, UBC, TDLR, ADA, and the City of Dallas)
- Responds to emergency situations as needed or expected by clients and tenants
- Coordinates with the Director and project managers to create and implement capital expenditure programs and ongoing commission of AAC
- Oversees Event Operations, including all set up and changeover, and event production
- Assists with the development of scope of work and negotiation of vendor contracts in support of building maintenance, supply requirements, and capital improvement projects
- Assists with Facility Maintenance, including the development and implementation of a comprehensive maintenance program, housekeeping program, building systems maintenance, and the completion of monthly metrics status reports of activity, productivity, cost, and progress towards goals
- Acts as “Manager on Duty” as assigned and Acts as Project manager for all new projects
Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; preferably in Sports management or Facilities management
- Must have (7-10) years of progressive management in a major public assembly facility with NHL and/or NBA experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience; preferably within a facility management industry
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Auto Cad is required
- Forklift certification preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of policies, practices, and techniques used in building management
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, and construction practices used in a variety of building maintenance operations
- Knowledge of practices and procedures used in budget preparation
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to develop long range plans and programs
- Ability to express ideas orally and in writing
- Ability to establish a rapport with all levels of city management, employees, contractors, and the public
- Be customer-service oriented, have a fan-friendly attitude and a professional appearance at all times
The qualified individual personifies our core values of INTEGRITY, TEAMWORK, PASSION, and EXCELLENCEat all times.
Physical Demands/Work Enivornment
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- Employee may be exposed to mechanical parts or high, precarious places
- Ability to respond during normal business hours, after hours and on weekends via cell phone is required/company phone allowance is provided. Employee selects service plan and is responsible for the repair and/or replacement of the phone
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as required
- Employees with this phone access requirement are not restricted in their movement, location, and activities during off hours when they are not at work
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT – JOB ACCOMODATION REQUESTS
Any individual who requests a job accommodation due to a physical or mental impairment will require a dialogue with Human Resources to determine if the individual can perform the essential duties of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Medical documentation will be required to support any request for medical restrictions that impact job duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.