rEvolution is one of the leading independent, international, and fully integrated sports marketing, consulting, and media agencies. Founded in 2001 with a focus on representing brands in sports, we provide our clients with a fullservice marketing approach, including sponsorship consulting, media planning and buying, creative production and design, experiential marketing, hospitality, public relations, social media and research.
At rEvolution, we pride ourselves on creating award-winning brand-building marketing, strategic consulting and media programs for our client partners that are widely recognized throughout the global sports industry.
The Director, Production will be part of the agency’s senior production team, managing and overseeing event production elements and resources within the agency’s client accounts in Indianapolis, IN. Relocation assistance will be provided to qualified candidates.
This leader will partner with the client services Account Director(s) to steer strategic direction of the account through best-in-class production services and will propel client growth by identifying profitability opportunities. They will have intimate knowledge and experience in logistical transport, footprint build materials, activation set up, execution and strike as well as managing vendor/venue relations and local staff. They will also manage, mentor, coach, and advise other full-time employees within the group, guiding their professional development and always leading by example.
- Manage all event production-related elements within a roster of client accounts;
- Serve as expert in all-things event production-related for the client, always available for internal team meetings, client calls, client meetings and pitches, and on-site execution
- Assure seamless collaboration between event production team members and other departments to deliver the agency’s best-in-class services and exceed client expectations
- Keep fingers squarely on the pulse of all projects and immediately address vendor, internal or other challenges that could hinder project success
- Oversees a team of event producers within assigned projects to assess the short-term and full-time
- resources required
- Serve as a trusted resource for the business development and Account Management teams, reviewing and recommending budgetary elements during the RFP/pitch stage
- Coordinate production assistance (sourcing, brainstorming, etc.) with the business development/Account Management teams for RFP/pitch work
- Work closely with the client services Account Director(s) to identify opportunities for growth within the assigned client portfolio
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, mutual respect, communication and a positive, productive work
- environment within her/his team of production professionals; allocate time for formally assessing and evaluating performance of team members against annual, department and agency goals
- Manage event production team members to maximize efficiencies; maintain a smooth workflow by
- monitoring project timelines, deliverables, challenges and achievements
- Set (team and individual) expectations and standards that drive exceptional results
- Maintain open communication with the VP of Event Production regarding opportunities and challenges facing the department, and work closely with VP to find growth-based solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and ten-plus years of event production management experience, preferably within a fullservice experiential marketing agency
- Extensive on-site production experience (and knowledge) with such production line elements as,
- mobile/trade show/other fabrication, union labor, transportation logistics, DOT, talent management, trade show management, venue negotiation, A/V, digital registration, digital photo/video technology, signage/branding activations, staffing, etc.
- Strong existing vendor relationships with fabrication, technology, venues, vehicle lease, premium, staffing and tour/event management contractors, etc.
- Critical understanding of budgeting, budget tracking, P&L, agency processes, general creative guidelines, vendor negotiation, production/vendor timelines, build details/ materials, contractor agreements, labor/DOT laws, risk mitigation, client KPIs, ROI and ROX, etc.
- Experience leading teams and especially the management of multiple, various personality types and career levels
- Strong experience developing growth plans, annual reviews, goal-setting, etc.
- Confident, professional presence; strong, innate leadership/team-building skills; natural facility for
- fostering a nurturing work culture rooted in open communication, inclusiveness and transparency
- Ability to travel frequently to support projects on-site
- Experience working in the auto category/track experience is preferred
WE ARE rEvolution
We are a unique collective of marketing experts, built to move the needle for brands looking to leverage sport to achieve their business goals. We know how to convey brand stories authentically in all arenas across three pillars, strategy, activation and measurement, to deliver best-in-class ideas, execution and evaluation.
Our competitive advantage starts with a sustainable business strategy coupled with a passion to succeed as a team of talented people through our culture, values, principles, and an unwavering attention to detail.
We Are Change Agents 25%
Pursues superior quality
Strives for improvement
Enjoys what we do
We Put People First 25%
Treats our clients, colleagues, and vendor/partners as family
Seeks to create win/win
Start with the assumption that people are good and honest
Asks quality questions to get quality answers
Shows urgency in relationships
We Are A Team 25%
Practices excellence as a way of life
Listens openly, speaks the truth, and owns what we say
Humbly agrees or constructively critiques
Support and respect each other and the community at large
Listens first before reacting to the opinions of others
We Challenge Personal Effectiveness 25%
Engages in process and organization
Practices blameless problem solving
We plan ahead and anticipate
rEvolution is committed to embracing and supporting diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. By continuing to build an inclusive global agency that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills, the greater our collective work will be.