Jobs & Current Searches
For the right candidate, the position may be available wherever the selected candidate resides.
Position Overview This position will lead/support all new business solicitation as it pertains to the championship motorsports organization. The selected candidate will be responsible for mining all new business efforts utilizing all resources available through the organization. The candidate will have, and continue to build, strong relationships with key constituents both internally and externally. Candidate will maintain tracking mechanism and keep leadership updated as it pertains to all recruitment and update leadership weekly with status reports on all solicitations. Company will approve all sponsorship agreements before presenting them to prospective clients. As new prospects materialize, partnerships will be assigned to a dedicated Account Manager. Selected individual must be willing and able to travel.
- Maintain and update target list of prospects and update regularly to leadership
- Build senior level relationships across the marketing and business landscape
- Be aware of all RFP / RFQ opportunities that are available within the motorsports landscape
- Develop strategic ideas related to sponsorship opportunities within the motorsports industry
- Manage and update creative collateral development that is seen as best in class across the entire sports and entertainment landscape
- Build strong, working relationships with sanctioning bodies of the various series
- Keep a consistent pipeline of prospects in front of organization.
- Excellent written as well as verbal communication skills
- A self-starter and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Superb relationship skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with a high level of integrity
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least six years related experience preferably in the sports or entertainment environment
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please list a few of your most recent sponsorship deals.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ
Larry Scott was a former professional player on the men's tour, even became a member of the ATP Tour's board of directors, and served on the board of the men's professional tennis players association. He eventually rose to a position of Chief Operating Officer. The men and women are always competing against each other for money, television, sponsors and publicity.
When the Women's Tennis Association conducted their new search for a CEO, Larry made the short list. After his interview, the search committee advised him that he did such a good job he may be considered a leading candidate. But before presenting him to their board, they needed to "check him out." It's at that time, the COO of the ATP Tour demonstrated his ability to build consensus.
Larry went straight to people he thought might have an issue with his candidacy for the position. He flew here; he flew there. He had meetings in the U.S., in Europe - wherever his detractors were, he went to visit them. This surprised many on the search committee. But Larry was demonstrating, perhaps not only to the search committee, but also to himself, whether he could draw together diverging views and have them follow his lead. And that he did. On March 31, 2003, Larry Scott was named by the board of directors of the Women's Tennis Association the new Chair and CEO.
"Larry Scott is a professional guy, and each time we've had discussions, he always tries to find solutions; he has diplomacy."Angelo Codignoni, President, EuroSport