Jobs & Current Searches
Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
» Director, Ticket Sales - Minor League Hockey Team (Midwest, US)
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation
Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms.
Seeking a data-driven individual to join the US Concerts Analytics team. Through the analysis of ticket sales, pricing, and operational metrics, the Revenue Analyst will provide insights and recommendations to the Premium Seat Sales (PSS) and other revenue-generating departments. He/she must possess strong organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to multi-task. He/she must also demonstrate strong independent reasoning and problem solving skills with the capability to think proactively.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Quantitative analysis of ticket sales, inventory, and pricing data
- Generate pipeline and customer reporting for season ticket sales organization
- Leverage data to determine optimal pricing for season ticket products
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to Division Leadership
- Develop reporting to track progress towards Division initiatives and goals
- Support ad hoc requests, including Division President/CFO presentations, Board updates and Quarterly Business Review updates
- Work with operations/business leaders on cross-functional projects and initiatives to drive revenue and control costs
- Create visualizations and dashboards using BI Tools
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills & Qualities Desired :
- Experience with BI tool and regular reporting
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Archtics/Ticketmaster, or comparable system, experience a plus
- Business Objects experience a plus
- Creative, outside the box, analytic skills
- Ability to participate in a collaborative team environment
- Willing to work when necessary to help get overall team goals accomplished
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Education & Knowledge Desired :
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics)
- 3-5 years of relevant Business/Financial Analyst experience
- Entertainment Industry experience a plus
Physical Requirements/Work Environment :
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
This job description is a summary of duties that are expected to be performed. Duties outlined on this job description may not be all-inclusive, and can be modified at any time if requested by management.
The Director of Ticket Sales is the team leader responsible for increasing the revenue generating capabilities of the ticketing operations and ticket functionality for this Minor League Hockey team. This role is tasked with selling the ticket inventory to individuals, businesses and organizations in the community through prospecting and cold calling new and existing clients.
The ideal person will have demonstrated experience in driving performance meeting weekly and monthly sales activities and goals. He/She must develop and implement solutions that maximize the profit generated through ticket prices, products, and packages sold to customers and clients. Hitting personal sales goals, leading by example and driving daily the sales activity and revenue goals of the team through both calls and in-person meetings is a key component of this position.
The Director of Ticket Sales will be responsible for overseeing all group, fundraising and season ticket sales. The management and administrative responsibilities will be limited.
- Strong leadership and sales skills
- Proven success in running a ticketing sales organization in the sports industry and meeting or exceeding sales goals;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent communication skills; strong worth ethic and ability to work long hours;
- Experience with CRM’s;
- BA/BS Degree preferred and at least 3 years of relevant sports related sales experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate revenue through selling all ticket inventory: season tickets, flex plans, groups and suites, to meet weekly and monthly sales goals. Establish, communicate and track individual and team sales activity and revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain client database through new customers prospecting, cold calling, community events, networking and referrals.
- Work with team president to create, plan and implement competitive ticket pricing strategies that correlates with dynamic and creative season, flex, group ticket and nightly suite sales strategies and campaigns to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Manage various in-game assets/fan experiences in order to maximize ticket sales.
- Develop unique campaigns & execute group sales plans for theme nights
- Collaborate with strategic vendors/third-party entities to create departmental efficiencies and maximize ticketing revenue through timely delivery of ticketing products and services. Ensure maximum utilization of our CRM, other database and ticketing systems to effectively prospect, sell, retain and track results.
- Act as primary liaison, in conjunction with, Ticketmaster and Box Office Manager with ticketing software platform to address all technical ticketing support and build season, group and single-game ticket types, as well as efficiently process all ticket orders in a timely manner.
- Work with Box Office Manager to produce daily ticket reports and game-night audits and reports as needed.
- Produce timely, accurate reporting that monitors the progress of the sales team individually and collectively.
- Oversee, with help from Box Office Manager, all designated game day ticketing operations including - but not limited to – ticketing interns, ticket takers, ticket office, box office, and will-call operations that meets customer service standards established by the team.
- Collaborate with all internal departments regarding the overall ticket sales efforts and related team game day functions.
- Establish and provide on-going review policies and procedures that support the seamless execution of strategic initiatives.
- Develop and manage department budget; responsible for leveraging ticket resources to maximize revenue while controlling costs. Report on budget variances and forecasts.
- Have Fun!
NOTE: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this description.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ
Larry Scott was a former professional player on the men's tour, even became a member of the ATP Tour's board of directors, and served on the board of the men's professional tennis players association. He eventually rose to a position of Chief Operating Officer. The men and women are always competing against each other for money, television, sponsors and publicity.
When the Women's Tennis Association conducted their new search for a CEO, Larry made the short list. After his interview, the search committee advised him that he did such a good job he may be considered a leading candidate. But before presenting him to their board, they needed to "check him out." It's at that time, the COO of the ATP Tour demonstrated his ability to build consensus.
Larry went straight to people he thought might have an issue with his candidacy for the position. He flew here; he flew there. He had meetings in the U.S., in Europe - wherever his detractors were, he went to visit them. This surprised many on the search committee. But Larry was demonstrating, perhaps not only to the search committee, but also to himself, whether he could draw together diverging views and have them follow his lead. And that he did. On March 31, 2003, Larry Scott was named by the board of directors of the Women's Tennis Association the new Chair and CEO.
"Larry Scott is a professional guy, and each time we've had discussions, he always tries to find solutions; he has diplomacy."Angelo Codignoni, President, EuroSport