Current available jobs in Technical Services:
» Manager, Information Technology - New York City FC (New York, NY)
The National Soccer Hall of Fame Multimedia Videographer and Editor will oversee all creative visual/video/multimedia executions for the opening of the brand new National Soccer Hall of Fame (Opening 2018) and potentially beyond. They are responsible for championing the Hall of Fame brand through concept definition, design, production and editing of a variety of visual/video/multimedia projects. The ideal candidate will specialize in video filming, creation and editing in multiple mediums with a particularly strong understanding of storytelling and soccer history with the ability to leverage multiple projects at once to drive visual content consumption. This position will be responsible for working with multiple properties to secure footage/photo/etc. to execute best-in-class visual content under tight deadlines on a daily basis.
- Oversee the production of all visual/video/multimedia content for the National Soccer Hall Of Fame
- Conceptualize and execute visual/video/multimedia projects for a variety of exhibits throughout the National Soccer Hall of Fame while working with key stakeholders to design and launch new features.
- Ability to work cohesively with multiple properties (ex. Major League Soccer, US Soccer, etc.) to attain, log, edit, and standardize all raw historical footage/photos for exhibits throughout the museum.
- Be able to shoot and edit multiple short and as well as a lengthier features
- Having a working understanding of motion graphics programs such as After Effects, Cinema 4D or similar programs.
- Be skilled at spotting developing visual content delivery trends and is a natural networker, building relationships within soccer and video/production leads with other teams, organizations, agencies and companies.
- Be able to assist/manage AV operations, including live streaming, for special events, i.e. press conferences, concerts, other stadium and National Soccer Hall of Fame events, etc.
- Responsible for critiquing strategy, concept, design, layout, copy and motion design under National Soccer Hall of Fame brand guidelines
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion, ensuring quality control.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production, Communications, Graphic Design, Multimedia or equivalent experience
- MUST have accessible portfolio available to review
- Strong historical and current knowledge of soccer in the United States
- Extensive multimedia/graphic/creative design experience
- Strong understanding and experience in post-production and development programs such as Avid Express Pro, Final Cut, After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Able to identify all components of a project and appropriate resources needed. Able to follow the project through to completion ensuring all elements are completed properly and on time.
- Understanding of the technologies used, key drivers and trends in content delivery, both through video, photo, in-game and mobile applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, pertaining to both technical and non-technical information is essential.
- Must be knowledgeable in outputting video to various file formats (Beta, DVD, online, etc)
- Strong work ethic. Take pride in your work and strive to exceed expectations.
- Deadline oriented. Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines with a demonstrated willingness to work extra hours as required.
- Advanced knowledge of a wide variety of graphics media, materials, equipment and their uses/applications
- Knowledgeable about uses and operations of photographic and video equipment, including event-scale and mobile-driven A/V equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to promote and sell concepts.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-media driven creative environment.
- Ability to work well with others, including senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal/written communication skills.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production, Communications, Graphic Design, Multimedia or equivalent experience?
2. Yes/No: Do you have access to a portfolio readily available for review?
3. Yes/No: Do you have a strong knowledge, past and present, of soccer in the United States?
4. Yes/No: Do you have extensive multimedia/graphic/creative design experience?
5. Yes/No: Do you have a strong understanding and experience in post-production and development programs?
6. Yes/No: Do you have strong organizational skills and are able to follow a project through to completion, ensuring all elements are completed properly, and on time?
7. Yes/No: Do you have an understanding of the technologies used, key drivers, and trends in content delivery, both through video, photo, in-game and mobile applications?
8. Yes/No: Are you knowledgeable in outputting video to various files?
9. Yes/No: Do you have high communication/interpersonal skills and are able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines?
10. Yes/No: Are you knowledgeable about operating photographic and video equipment, including event-scale and mobile-driven A/V equipment?
JOB TITLE: Manager, Information Technology
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
LOCATION: New York, NY
About NYCFC and CFG
As the 20th member of Major League Soccer, NYCFC strives to be the new benchmark for professional soccer in the United States. With the support of majority owner City Football Group (owners of Manchester City, Melbourne City and Yokohama F Marinos) as well as minority owner, the New York Yankees, NYCFC kicked off the third season in club history in March 2017 at Yankee Stadium.
Information Technology is critical to NYC FC. As such the role of Manager, Information Technology is a key member of the business.
Information Technology in NYC FC can be described in the following broad areas:
- Core Infrastructure, Facilities & Security. Providing a scalable and secure technical backbone for all operations and collaboration across the business.
- Digital, Media and Content. Developing and supporting the technology behind NYC FC’s digital touchpoints with fans.
- Soccer Technology. Supporting the sporting departments with their usage of technology to achieve on-field results.
- Ticketing, Hospitality and Partnerships. The application of technology to all of our interactions with customers.
- Finance, HR, Legal and Communications. Building and support an efficient and scalable suite of core business applications.
The Manager, Information Technology is responsible for the development and operation of IT across all of these areas. In order to achieve this he/she will need to:
- Partner closely with departmental and functional leaders across the business to develop plans, roadmaps and priorities for IT.
- Ensure that appropriate programs are created to deliver these priorities, and that these programs are managed in an effective, cost-conscious, and timely way.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of two full-time technical staff.
- Ensure that all IT systems are fully supported and meet their service commitments to thte business, taking action to remediate where this is not the case.
- Manage all IT suppliers.
- Oversee the IT budget and ensure that budgetary targets are met.
- Lead all efforts to ensure compliance to legal and regulatory frameworks relevant to IT.
City Football Group
The Manager, Information Technology for NYC FC is part of the wider IT function at City Football Group. He/she will report locally to the VP, Finance & Administration with dotted line responsibility to the Group CTO, based in the group headquarters in the UK. & will be a key members of the CTO’s leadership team. Being based in at the NYC FC in HQ means that the successful individual will need to able to demonstrate a good balance between local leadership and being part of a global team. CFG’s has adopted a centralised IT strategy with the specific intention to deploy solutions globally and ensuring adoption of these solutions by NYC FC is a critical part of the role.
New York Yankees
NYC FC play their home games at Yankee Stadium. Building a strong relationship with the IT Department of the New York Yankees is important.
Major League Soccer
NYC FC is a franchise of the MLS. The MLS takes a relatively centralised position on technology deployment by its franchisees, for instance provision of a centralised Web Content Management Solution (CMS). Again, building a strong relationships with the IT Department of the MLS will be important.
Being successful in this role requires the following skills/attributes:
- An ability to lead, motivate and engage a technical team, at least one of whom is based remotely at NYC FC’s training facility.
- The ability to understand NYC FC and CFG’s immediate business priorities and direction and establish a strong technology plan that aligns with these.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and an ability to build relationships.
- Good operational discipline, with a focus and track-record of driving high levels of service uptime, responding to unforeseen incidents and managing risk.
- A solid understanding of the Media and Marketing IT landscape, it’s key technologies, companies and trends.
- Good partner management, contract management and procurement skills
Reporting Lines & Location
The role is based in NYC FC’s head office in midtown Manhattan, with periodic travel to the NYC FC 1st team Training Facility in suburban NYC.
It reports locally to the VP, Finance & Administration with dotted line responsibility to the Group CTO and a member of the Group CTO’s Leadership Team.