Current available jobs in Technical Services:
» Senior Manager, Control Room Operations - New York Red Bulls (Harrison, NJ)
The Information Technology assistant will report directly to the Information Technology Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with the daily upkeep of the Chicago Fire/Toyota Park data and telecom networks with a specific focus on providing support to the venue on event days. The Information Technology Intern will also be charged with setting up and maintaining computer hardware and software. Listed below are the responsibilities and qualifications expected of this position.
Assist in setting up telecom and data connections for Chicago Fire
Assist with troubleshooting server, network, desktop hardware, printer and software issues
Assist with event execution; responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Pre-event set-up (technology needs, broadcast and internet connections, etc.
Post-event tear-down and cleanup
Assist with technology needs and issues during the event
Assist with setting up workstation and telecom needs for all employees
Assist with the completion of projects supporting the execution plan of the IT Department
Implement facility rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Handle additional administrative duties related to the IT Department as assigned by the IT Manager to include such items as research and development of new IT initiatives
Other duties as assigned
Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision; must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively work with a large and diverse population.
Fluency in a second language is preferred.
Must be able to operate under extreme deadlines.
Must be able to work 25 - 30 hours per week.
Must be willing to work long hours, irregular schedules and weekends.
Must work all home Chicago Fire games
Must have knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Windows OS and office
Knowledge of MAC OS and server platforms is a plus
May be asked occasionally to travel to remote Chicago office
Hourly Rate: $10.50 per hour
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Can you work between 25 - 30 hours per week?
2. Can you work weeknights and weekends?
3. Are you aware that this is a part-time position?
The New York Red Bulls are one of 22 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). They are one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, having competed in the league since its founding in 1996. They currently play their home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. RBA, a state-of-the-art 25,000-seat stadium, is widely regarded as the top soccer-specific stadium in North America. The club is owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The first team features 2016 MLS Golden Boot Winner Bradley Wright-Phillips, U.S. international Sacha Kljestan, and several players with USMNT experience. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams
The Senior Manager of Control Room Operations is primarily responsible for the overall day-to-day management of production needs at Red Bull Arena. This includes supervising and implementing all audiovisual needs for New York Red Bulls and New York Red Bulls II events and outside event production. He or she is responsible for all technical aspects of Red Bull Arena including service, operation and maintenance. The position serves, as the main point of contact for all AV needs at Red Bull Arena. He or she will also support the creation, production, and implementation of all content for the in game shows as well as Red Bulls Insider.
This position requires a passionate, professional, energetic and creative individual to support the greater Marketing and Communications teams. This person needs to have the ability to work efficiently in a high demanding and time sensitive manner.
· Assist in the execution of the in game show for all New York Red Bulls home games, and any other Red Bull Arena events.
· Manage and operate all production equipment, which may include (but not limited to) Sony switcher, replay systems, audio boards, cameras, microphones, graphics, etc.
· Support the in game entertainment team with all productions and content creation for the in arena video boards and LEDs
· Assist in planning, creating, implementing and executing video/production elements used during all home matches.
· Work closely with the arena engineer to prepare for all games and special events for the New York Red Bulls and Red Bull Arena
· Participate in new content development including idea creation, research, productions and concepts to help reach organizational goals
· Manage and oversee the production of all New York Red Bulls II home matches at Montclair State University – in conjunction with an outside production company
Red Bulls Insider & Content Production
· Support in game entertainment team with content for use on Red Bulls Insider, the team’s thirty minute magazine style show airing on MSG
· Work closely with the show producer to identify story lines to help support key initiatives
· Create, edit, write and produce content for the show
· Support in the production of related content for use for the New York Red Bulls
· Coordinate maintenance and service of any departmental related equipment as needed within Red Bull Arena
· Oversee the technical implementation of the in area show
· Work hand in hand with the Senior Manager of Game Presentation on best in class entertainment at Red Bull Arena
· Assist in managing the execution of the in game show for all New York Red Bulls home matches, and any other Red Bull Arena events as needed
· Oversee the training with management to train game day staff in the control room.
· Stay current with technology that may be implemented at an earlier date.
· Manage the on-going process of the Red Bull Arena control room re-design – work closely with Sony Professional Electronics and outside vendors
· Assist with the routine maintenance of AV equipment and maintain a clean and organized inventory of equipment and tools
· Work in conjunction with other New York Red Bulls Departments (Sales, Marketing Partnerships, Red Bull Training Programs, Operations) to ensure that marketing initiatives and programs are leveraged across the channels and the Club image is brought to life.
· Actively participate in meetings with interdepartmental teams to align strategies.
Management and Administration:
· Manage, hire and oversee all game day staff for the Red Bull Arena Control Room including freelancers and outside vendors
· Support in the business planning process
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
The individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Ideal candidate ought to be professional, motivated and enthusiastic
· Minimum of 5 years experience with Event Production, Adobe Creative Suite, video production, editing, live feed, audio production and motion graphics
· Experience with 3rd party vendors / freelancers
· Strong knowledge of the New York Red Bulls and Red Bull brand a plus
· Must have excellent interpersonal and external communication skills
· Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization from executives to interns
· Ability to maintain good working relationships with all internal staff and management
· The ability to oversee projects and creativity as well as the ability to create quality projects within deadlines
· Demonstrate strong creative skills that can be applied to help create the best in stadium show in Major League Soccer
· Must be detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner, be well organized and able to prioritize efficiently, and have excellent oral and written skills
· Experience working with Microsoft Office
· Strong understanding of soccer
· Able to work in a fast paced, quickly changing atmosphere
· Knowledge of control room and production equipment.
· Must possess skills and a thorough hands on working knowledge of video HD display and integrated audio in a live sports entertainment environment
· Must be able to work well with other graphic producers, editors and game presentation staff in order to collaborate and establish an effective workflow within the team environment.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, set by the New York Red Bulls, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
Red Bull New York provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits, and a paid time-off program.
Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.