Current available jobs in Retail/Licensing:
» RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE - FC Dallas,Major League Soccer & Toyota Stadium (Frisco, TX)
» Warehouse Supervisor - Portland Timbers (Portland, OR)
» Brand Ambassador/Retail Associate - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Retail Experience Specialist - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City, KS)
Angelo’s Soccer Corner, Operating Partner of the Philadelphia Union Team Merchandise Shop at Talen Energy Stadium, is looking for outgoing, motivated individuals to join our Game Day Sales Team for the 2017 season. This is a great part-time opportunity to earn money or supplement your regular income while establishing a connection with a local professional sports team and sporting goods business.
Most games are weekend dates beginning March and running through October.
- Sell Merchandise to fans and customers utilizing Point-Of-Sale (POS) registers
- Accurate cash management and handling
- Achieve sales productivity goals
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Accurately check-in and process new merchandise (count, hang, ticket, etc…)
- Assist with merchandising of products and visual displays
- Assist with signage needs related to product displays that include markdowns and promotions
- Participate in physical inventories and periodic cycle counts
- Maintain documents and various media in an organized manner
- Maintain daily detailed communications with team leader
- Execute internal product transfers and merchandise requests
- Accurately maintain retail supply inventory
- Participate in movement of fixtures and retail floor set-ups
- Provide assistance and training for other team members when directed by team leader
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours based on business needs
- Perform work requiring extended periods of walking and standing, frequent bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, and light load carrying
The Retail Sales Associate will be primarily responsible for providing first rate retail customer service to all patrons at the FC Dallas Team store at Toyota Stadium. This position is a part time position and will be working in the Team store during events held at the stadium. The majority of our events are FC Dallas Soccer home games, while we also host International soccer matches, concerts and music festivals.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly, clean, and well- maintained retail merchandise environment
- Assist customers in all aspects of the retail purchasing process: product selection, checking-out, and/or bagging merchandise
- Maintain solid product knowledge and an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist with set-up, display maintenance, break-down, and register close-out procedures in the Team store.
- Assist in tagging, warehousing and replenishing FC Dallas merchandise throughout Toyota Stadium
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in completing price changes within the department.
- Participate in seasonal inventory and cycle counts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Previous customer service/retail/concession stand experience a plus
- Previous cash handling and credit card machine experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in all outdoor weather conditions to include, extreme heat, cold and rain.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: I am at least 18 years of age?
2. Yes/No: I have previous cash handling experience?
3. Yes/No: I can work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and some holidays?
4. Yes/No: I can speak Spanish?
5. Yes/No: I can work in all outdoor weather conditions?
6. Yes/No: I can stand for long periods of time?
7. Yes/no: In the last seven years, have you been convicted of a major crime other than a traffic violation? If yes, please describe.
Kick off your sports career with the Portland Timbers as the Warehouse Supervisor.
Selection for the Warehouse Supervisor will be made based on applicable skills, experience and area(s) of education. Be sure to clearly demonstrate your skills, experience and area(s) of interest in your application.
Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities:
- Receive all incoming products in accordance to proper guidelines
- Maintain accurate records of inventory in the point of sale system
- Ensure the merchandise warehouse remains organized and clean
- Manage the schedules of warehouse staff
- Manage, train and mentor warehouse staff
- Management of supply ordering and warehouse maintenance needs
- Ability to customize jerseys using a heat press with attention to detail and without making errors within 2 business days of orders being placed
- Manage letter and number inventory and communicate with management on needs
- Training will be given on how to operate the heat press and properly customize jerseys
- Utilize customer service skills to assist guests when needed
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate with management/supervisory team
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Supervisory/management experience preferred
- Ability to move and handle merchandise throughout warehouse generally weighing 0-75 pounds
- Have a positive attitude and operate as a team player
- Availability for 100% of all home matches
- Clean, presentable appearance
- Availability for 40+ hours per week
- Shifts will vary due to events schedule
- Ability to effectively cope with high pressure situations with lots of people
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, RetailPro Version 9, and willingness to learn more about these and additional programs if necessary
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary
- Ability to climb ladders
Work Environment: Duties are performed in a warehouse environment. Exposed to dust, odors, noise and varying temperatures.
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their seventh season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2017. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 21,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of 100-plus games and counting as the club enters the 2017 MLS season.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Describe two of your strengths
2. Describe a weakness of yours
3. Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career
4. Why do you want to work in sports merchandising?
Brand Ambassador/Retail Associate
Under the direction of manager, sell retail merchandise to customers in a professional manner.
· Greet, acknowledge, and assist guests with any questions about merchandise
· Process sale with POS system and follow register procedures while handling cash accordingly
· Process exchanges and returns of merchandise
· Ensure all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed
· Routinely stock merchandise
· Maintain a clean and organized store or kiosk
· Maintain an orderly back-stock and aware of the location of merchandise
· Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and report to supervisor
· Assist with loading and unloading of merchandise
· Conduct inventory, as directed by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle cash drawer
· Excellent customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The Retail Experience Specialist for Sporting Kansas City is responsible for helping create a guest-focused shopping experience.
- Create an engaging experience for all customers by immediately greeting guests and confidently relaying product knowledge by demonstrating product features and benefits.
- Continue to deliver remarkable customer service and invite guests to come back again.
- Ask open ended questions to connect with guests.
- Enhance the guest experience through offering additional items that meet the guest’s needs, ultimately driving sales and increasing revenue.
- Accurately transact with guests.
- Embody a guest first mindset.
- Uphold all store policies and procedures.
- Execute all operational processes effectively.
- Ensure the store environment is convenient for guests.
- Maintain the store to meet Sporting Kansas City and Sporting Club brand standards.
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with the Sporting Kansas City culture.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor.
- Outgoing personality.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Passionate about fashion and Sporting Kansas City.
- Team oriented.
- Professional and stylish appearance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in a retail specialist role, preferably in the sports industry.
- Demonstrated fashion and style frame of mind.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.