Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» Executive Assistant - Minnesota United FC (Golden Valley, MN)
» Executive Assistant (Temporary Assignment) - New York City FC (New York, NY)
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
The Club Operations Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the clubs day to day operation. The assistant will act as the primary liaison between the Club and vendors for various special events. This position will report directly to the Chief of Staff & VP, Club Operations.
- Support various departments in administrative duties
- Screen general incoming calls and forward to the appropriate personnel
- Handle general inquiries and request from internal and external individuals
- Maintain executive calendar – appointments, scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, travel, etc.
- Maintain office filing system, supplies, and general documentations
- Partner with LAFC Experince Center Office Manager on administrative duies as well as coordination of special events at the facility
- Assist various departments in preparations/modification of documents, reports, and correspondences as needed
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Research for various projects within the club
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Supervisor
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality at all times
- Must be able to multitask and exercise good judgement in a fast pace environment
- Must be organized and posses to the ability to prioritize
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively – both verbal and written
- Profcient in Microsoft Office – specifically word, excel, powerpoint, outlook
- Prior experience working with executive level staff preferred
- Flexible work schedule is a plus
Education: High school diploma required. Bachelors degree from an accredited College or University preferred.
Expereience: 2 years of experience in general office support
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Soccer is the global game and the fastest growing sport in the country, and Minnesota United FC (MNUFC) is at the center of growth of the game in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. MNUFC is dedicated to growing professional soccer in Minnesota—2017 marks MNUFC’s inaugural season in Major League Soccer. Our position as a growing sports franchise creates a unique atmosphere where "start-up" meets pro sports team. In addition to our fast-paced environment with hard-working, collegial, energetic coworkers, we offer generous benefits, a forward-thinking culture, and the opportunity for career growth. We value creativity, dedication, curiosity, diversity, knowledge, and confidence.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position, where the primary focus is assisting and supporting executive-level leadership. This person will be responsible for handling a wide variety of administrative tasks in order to ensure that senior management is operating efficiently and effectively.
· Schedule appointments and effectively manage executive calendars
· Manage marketing and communications calendar
· Serve as liaison to VIPs at Minnesota United events and home games
· Coordinate travel and related accommodations for executives and business guests
· Draft written email responses and handle phone calls with a high level of attention to detail
· Draft routine correspondence
· Organize, update, and maintain files and assist in general office organization
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality relating to the company and employees
· Facilitate department activities and communications
· Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Prior administrative experience in a professional environment
· Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work efficiently in a high energy, fast paced environment
· Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
· Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays (including game days)
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in related field?
2. Do you have prior administrative experience in a professional environment?
3. Are you able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, game days, and holidays?
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant (Temporary Assignment)
REPORTING TO: President
LOCATION: New York, NY
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
As the 20th member of Major League Soccer, NYCFC strives to be the new benchmark for professional soccer in the United States. With the support of majority owner City Football Group (owners of Manchester City, Melbourne City and Yokohama F Marinos) as well as minority owner, the New York Yankees, NYCFC will kick off the third season in club history in 2017 at Yankee Stadium.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing organizational and administrative support to the President. This position provides a wide variety of administrative support services, ranging from complex to routine, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the office of the President. Some of the administrative responsibilities include providing scheduling, as well as organizing and coordinating meetings and events pursuant to business relationships.
It is expected that the incumbent has a genuine appreciation for and understanding of protocol, discretion and professionalism, is able to accept and assume responsibility, and has the ability to interpret and make decisions in accordance with prescribed procedures and practices of the organization. In order to provide effective and efficient services, it is expected that the incumbent maintains confidentiality, diplomacy, and tact at all times.
Please note this is a temporary assignment, expected to begin in early May and end mid to late August 2017.
- Provide organizational and administrative support to the President, including screening phone calls, visitors and correspondence (both electronic and traditional), maintaining filings, corporate organization, making travel arrangements, expense tracking and processing, managing ticket orders and requests, maintaining calendars and coordinating meetings
- Schedule internal and external meetings, secure conference rooms and all related logistics, produce meeting agendas, presentation materials and other related items
- Coordinate board and steering committee meetings and all relevant logistics
- Ensure highest level of guest welcome and experience for NYCFC related occasions (dinners, events, etc.)
- Coordinate, schedule and support events, entertainment activities, and logistics – including scheduling appropriate facilities or venues
- Act as day-of-event point of contact for meetings to ensure seamless execution/delivery of objectives
- Establish strong working relationships with management and associates throughout the organization
- Assist in the transactional management of expense monitoring as needed
- Assist other members of the leadership team as needed
- Provide support at the front desk, undertaking receptionist duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the President
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- 5 years of experience supporting the most senior executive(s) in an organization
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team building skills among all organization levels
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in an organized manner and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Excellent knowledge of PC systems including Word, Excel, and database-related platforms
- Ability to problem solve and conduct oneself with poise and professionalism
- Proven commitment and work ethic to achieve highest standards
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including nights, weekends, game days and holidays as required
- Experience working in the sports industry preferred