Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» Philadelphia Union Youth General Manager - Philadelphia Union Youth Development (Wayne, PA)
» Administrative Coordinator, NTC - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City, KS)
Responsible for providing, with directive from the Academy Director and Director of Operations, effective administration of Philadelphia Union Academy’s day-to-day operational and administrative needs, including but not limited to administering Union Academy registrations, travel logistics, game day needs, and data management. This position will provide clerical and administrative support to the Philadelphia Union Academy Director at his discretion.
- Implement, oversee, and communicate a transportation plan for YSC Academy and Union Academy that manages transportation to and from Bethlehem Steel training sessions
- Coordinate with stakeholders (Philadelphia Union, Union Youth, and YSC Academy) to manage school absence and necessary course work
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Philadelphia Union Academy Director
- Work with Union Academy Equipment Staff to complete and manage all apparel and equipment needs
- Manage Philadelphia Union Academy Residency program invoicing, paperwork, and travel. Arrange house parent meetings
- Ensure software systems are populated and up-to-date. Support staff in onboarding any new software systems
- Manage administration of Philadelphia Union Academy team and individual travel
- Provide general team coordination for match day operations
- Ensure completion of all registration and player paperwork for the Academy, including but not limited to Development Academy and NPL, and foreign athlete immigration. Additionally complete coaches registration and licensing
- Effectively communicate to all Union Academy families regarding game day expectations, travel itineraries and requirements, and any additional schedule or organizational updates
- Highly organized and task-oriented worker
- Effective and efficient communicator, both in written and oral capacities and in developed and maintained work processes
- Must be able to work weekends or holidays as directed
- Experience in or knowledge of the soccer industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
The primary responsibility of the Philadelphia Union Youth General Manager is to create, implement and oversee Philadelphia Union’s youth oriented outreach programming in an effort to increase Philadelphia Union brand engagement, generate revenue to help subsidize Philadelphia Union's Academy, and enhance player identification and developmental best practices in the region. The General Manager is responsible for all revenue-generating youth programs for the Philadelphia Union organization and will seek to increase Philadelphia Union's youth-centric partnerships through such community outreach programs. The General Manager will report to the Philadelphia Union Chief Business Officer, Director of Operations and the Philadelphia Union Academy Director on technical and staffing-related items.
- Manage and operate Philadelphia Union Pre-Academy (U8 – U11)
- Hire and oversee staff for Pre-Academy
- Ideate and implement new aspects of the Pre-Academy to maintain Philadelphia Union’s status as a youth soccer program at the forefront of American youth soccer development
- Liaise with Philadelphia Union Academy Director of Operations to seamlessly integrate the Pre-Academy with the Philadelphia Union Academy
- Establish and maintain partnerships throughout the Greater Philadelphia region to execute friendly matches, field/facility rentals, and expansion of the Pre-Academy
- Work with the Philadelphia Union marketing department for any Pre-Academy related needs
- Supervise, implement, and grow existing youth programs including Pro Days, player development program, camps, and kids classes
- Hire and oversee staff to effectively execute and expand youth programs and maintain the elite quality of Philadelphia Union youth programs
- Create and deliver new programs in the youth sector
- Develop and maintain partnerships throughout the region necessary for execution of programming (i.e. facilities, youth clubs, townships, etc.)
- Manage the P&L for the Philadelphia Union Youth Business Division
- Craft reports for the YSC Chief Financial Officer and Philadelphia Union Chief Business Officer
- Hire and oversee administrative support staff for the Philadelphia Union Youth Division
- Liaise with Philadelphia Union front office on any and all needs relating to the Philadelphia Union Youth Development program
- Create presentations for Philadelphia Union Board of Governors and/or other internal and external partners of the Philadelphia Union Youth Division
- In conjunction with the Philadelphia Union Youth Academy Director of Operations, develop and maintain a coaches’ calendar and communicate staff expectations
- Work with YSC facility manager on annual calendar
- Promote and expand a club-affiliation program with regional and national clubs in conjunction with the Philadelphia Union Academy Director
- Establish partnerships with organizations key to growth for the Philadelphia Union Youth Development Program
- 5-8+ years in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays as directed
- Intimate understanding of the local Philadelphia youth soccer environment (preferred)
- Organizational skills and ability to drive projects from concept to execution
- Strong people skills and ability to effectively represent a positive image for the Philadelphia Union soccer and to build customer relationships
- Experience managing and leading a team
- P&L experience
The Administrative Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance to support the National Training Center and Sporting Kansas City’s operations, vision, mission and goals through planned work activity, while additionally providing support to all associates, guests and vendors. The Administrative Coordinator creates and disseminates professional and timely communications to all individuals, as well as graciously greets and directs guests, both in person and on the phone.
- Manage all general functions of the office building.
- Engage service providers for various NTC and Sporting Kansas City events as needed.
- Provide general administrative support to all building tenants and associates.
- Answer all phone calls kindly and professionally while directing calls as appropriate.
- Act as the contact person for all external entities.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Act as, or schedule someone to act as, a courier service between NTC and Sporting Kansas City locations.
- Direct all visitors to their appropriate destination, recording names and affiliations as necessary.
- Perform regular building walkthroughs for upkeep needs, managing any issues that need to be addressed.
- Collaborate with various Maintenance Teams to ensure the building is operating properly.
- Report or relay any housekeeping issues to the Building Services Team.
- Represent the NTC and Sporting KC in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills, including proper phone etiquette and communication styles.
- Friendly, outgoing and welcoming personality.
- Excel working in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, as well as prioritize essential functions to meet role needs.
- Strong use of critical and analytical thinking processes with strong attention to detail.
- Possess decision making skills, as well as the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Creative mindset.
- Passionate about sports, particularly soccer.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, hospitality, event management or other related field preferred.
- Experience working in an administrative or customer service role.
- Experience working with business travel planning.
- Strong knowledge or experience in event planning and hosting, as well as office management.
- Demonstrated strong typing skills and extensive vocabulary.
- Writing, proofing and editing abilities.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five  pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform any on-call duties necessary to ensure game operation needs are met.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have access to reliable transportation?
2. Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?