Current available jobs in *Job/Career Fairs:
» Bus Driver - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium is hiring!!! Are you passionate about sports and providing guests with the ultimate fan experience? Do you love soccer, concerts, football, and a great employee atmosphere? We are looking to fill event-based positions in security, ticket-taker/ushers, team-store, housekeeping, and 50/50 raffle sales associates.
Toyota Stadium and Soccer Center is a state-of-its-kind facility located in Frisco, Texas. The complex features two major components: a 20,000 seat, state-of-the-art pro stadium immediately adjacent to a sports park with 17 championship-quality sports/soccer fields. Toyota Soccer Center is in use over 300 days per year, showcasing a wide variety of local, regional, national and international events. Toyota Stadium is the future home of the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
We conduct interviews every
Monday (10 AM – 4PM)
Wednesday (10 AM – 6 PM)
Friday (10 AM – 4PM)
- Come and apply directly at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas (9200 World Cup Way).
- You will be required to complete a paper application, and if available a hiring manager will interview you at that time.
- Event based positions are open within Security,Ticket-Takers/Ushers, Housekeeping, 50/50 Raffle Associates, and Retail.
Don’t miss the unique chance to join FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium and Major League Soccer at this exciting time!
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Which department area are you interested in working with?
2. Yes/No: I am at least 18 years of age?
3. Yes/No: I can work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays?
4. Yes/No: In the past seven years, have you been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation? If yes, please explain.
Sporting Kansas City is seeking a confident, hard-working and innovative individual who is interested in an opportunity to work within the Fan Engagement department. The Fan Engagement Bus Driver will drive the new SKC Mobile Marketing Vehicle on an as-needed basis.
- Operate large passenger bus with confidence and precision while utilizing safe and defensive driving tactics
- Represent Sporting Kansas City, Children’s Mercy Park and other Associates at events in the community year-round
- Drive and activate the SKC Mobile Marketing Vehicle at community events such as Sporting Moves, Boulevardia, Westport Beer Fest, Fiesta KC, Plaza Art Fair and other festivals, parades, concerts and Pub-to-Pitch, etc.
- Display a strong commitment to company rules in regards to arriving on time, cleaning/detailing the vehicle and a passion for building relationships and rapport with fans
- Pick up customers on time at predetermined locations and predetermine times
- Check clients in to the bus and answer any questions they may have
- Review rules and guidelines with the entire group
- Monitor the behavior of the group to ensure no interpersonal issues or conflicts arise
- Monitor the bus with the group from when the group arrives until they leave
- Open door for customers and make them feel welcome
- Fill out vehicle inspection form every shift
- Maintain an accurate log of all trips made. Include passenger information, start and ending mileage and properly signed agreements by clients
- Represent Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner at all times
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Safety is your top priority
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach
- Friendly, safe and reliable
- Enthusiastic and customer service-oriented
- Passionate hard worker with a desire to help others receive the “Sporting Experience”
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality
- Motivated self-starter and able to problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as he or she will be required to interact with fans from all demographics
Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years’ experience with CDL
- 1 year of hospitality of experience preferred
- Good driving record within the previous 5 years, including no DUI violations
- Experience driving a double decker bus driving is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical/maintenance issues i.e. checking oil, operating sound system, check tire pressure
- Must be 23 years or older
- Ability to pass a city required criminal background check
- Ability to work nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Bilingual speaking abilities preferred
- Strong knowledge and passion of the Kansas City market and local community
- Prior experience with private transposition, or party bus is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Reach with hands and arms
- Required to talk and hear consistently
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to  pounds if necessary
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary